1. Best music solution for 06 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just had to hand back my 09 A4 Avant company car. It had a great music facility where I could just insert a 16GB SDHC card and all the album/artist/track info comes up on the MMI which can be manipuated via the MultiFunction steering wheel - a simple and elegant solution.

I am looking to buy a 2nd hand A4 Avant (probably 2006 model), and am looking to have similar functionality (which doesn't seem to feature in older Audi models) - can someone offer me some alternatives? Should I look for an A4 with SAT NAV (which I assume could act as the MMI?)

Any help greatly appreciated

thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Best music solution for 06 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The sat nav in the B7 can only play SD cards though, not SDHC. The MMI system wasnt available in the B7.

0 0 0

3. Re: Best music solution for 06 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the prompt reply.

So I can use an SD card in an 06 A4 with SatNav, and will get track info etc on the Sat Nav screen?

0 0 0

4. Re: Best music solution for 06 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I believe so regarding the SD card. My advice is to make sure you get an A4 with a double DIN stereo, this way you can very easily upgrade to a Concert 2+ (which plays MP3 and looks great) or sat nav (you will need a harness adapter for around £30). You can always plug a card reader into any existing stereo using a device such as this one (which I have) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-SD-Car-MP3...item33588cbb47 - worth the money. The one draw back with the last option is it doesn't display track names.

0 0 0

5. Re: Best music solution for 06 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdh40 View Post
    thanks for the prompt reply.

So I can use an SD card in an 06 A4 with SatNav, and will get track info etc on the Sat Nav screen?
    Yes, in the RNS-E sat nav unit only (SD only though). Non Nav cars wont have this function.

0 0 0

6. Re: Best music solution for 06 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    many thanks for the advice

0 0 0

7. Re: Best music solution for 06 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Try and seek out a car with the Bose stereo upgrade. The RNS-E can be purchased on ebay and retrofitted for about £450, or cheaper still you can run a cable Audi supply from the back of the stereo unit to your glovebox to plug your ipod in. You can actually fit this cable to an Audi dock in the glovebox, but either way tracks will not display on the unit, only 5 playlists by number only (Track 1 etc, not title.)

Even though I have the ipod dock I just tend to burn MP3 RW discs - you can fit about 6 albums on one CD and the quality through the stereo is great. Just re-write the CD when you're bored of the tracks!
    2007 2.0TDi 170 S-Line Phantom - BT, iPod, Bose.

0 0 0

8. Re: Best music solution for 06 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanaspect View Post
    Try and seek out a car with the Bose stereo upgrade. The RNS-E can be purchased on ebay and retrofitted for about £450, or cheaper still you can run a cable Audi supply from the back of the stereo unit to your glovebox to plug your ipod in. You can actually fit this cable to an Audi dock in the glovebox, but either way tracks will not display on the unit, only 5 playlists by number only (Track 1 etc, not title.)

Even though I have the ipod dock I just tend to burn MP3 RW discs - you can fit about 6 albums on one CD and the quality through the stereo is great. Just re-write the CD when you're bored of the tracks!
    does audi symphony play mp3 cds?

0 0 0

9. Re: Best music solution for 06 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsonhicks View Post
    does audi symphony play mp3 cds?
    Which one? There are numerous variants of it. The Symphony II+ fitted from late 2006 will.

0 0 0

10. Re: Best music solution for 06 A4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i dont think i have the plus one as my car is 2006

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast