1. Halifax VW 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think it is fair to warn users of this forum to be very wary of Halifax VW. I recently bought a car from them and it was a complete disaster, the salesman was clueless about the product, the staff seem to be unable to complete a cherished plate transfer in less than 1 month and originally said you can't do a transfer anymore!
    The front bumper was damaged and they repaired it twice and the paint laquer peeled off after 1 week. The rear bumper had to be swapped with a car they had sold to someone else because they tried to paint that and messed it up.
    They fitted cruise control and put the steering wheel back on in the wrong place, and didn't code the cruise control properly so the MFD didn't work.
    They serviced the car before delivery and changed the schedule from longlife to time/distance (i couldn't check it because the MFD was broken)
    The valeter must be blind because the car was dirty inside and out and I had to tell them what tar spots were and how to remove them.
    The sales Manager lied to me about when the car would be ready for collection so he could get his hands on my money.
    I complained verbally and in writing to the Brand Manager but he seems to think they've done nothing wrong! He is probably the most arrogant unproffessional person I've ever come across after 23 years in the motor trade. I've also complained to the MD of the group that owns Halifax VW and after 11 weeks and various calls and emails he hasn't replied either.
    I would strongly advise you are very wary of these people if you should choose to use them

0 0 0

2. Re: Halifax VW 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Have you contacted VW CS about this directly? what vehicle was purchased?

0 0 0

3. Re: Halifax VW 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I contacted VW CC on several occasions and was speaking to Lorraine in the empowerment team but to be honest they just inflamed the situation. The Brand Manager lied to them and they believed him I asked them to get the dealer to sort out missing paperwork and poor repairs but they said they could only ask and couldn't force them to do anything!
    They are powerless to do anything it seems. They used to be but since moving to Sheffield they are just call centre staff. The car is a 20 month old Golf. I've been told VW rule their dealers with an iron fist but it doesn't appear that way.

0 0 0

4. Re: Halifax VW 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your claim? I was dealing with the brand manager who is also a director of the company. He was lying to me from the first moment we met but he didn't say who he was. He continued to lie as the problems mounted up many of them because he has no control over his staffs competence. He refused to apologise for anything just came up with excuses as to why it wasn't their fault.

0 0 0

5. Re: Halifax VW 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A quick update, the Managing Director of the company eventually contacted me and I told him that I wanted reimbursing for the costs of rectifying their poor service and he agreed. He did not apologise though, he did apologise for taking so long to reply though. His actions are obvious, he can see that he would not win any court proceedings and would cost him more in the long run. My advice if you know your right persue it to the end.

0 0 0