Notices

User Tag List

Thread: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Question Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This sounds worrying,, my passat was registerd in may 2007 so could be a 2006 built car or even 2005,, what are the engine/chassis numbers that were posted so i can check mine, its just done 60k & will be 3 years old so officially out of warrenty.
    Thanks in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Angus mentioned chassis/engine numbers have been posted on this site by Crasher ... I've had a gander and can't find the posting, which obviously mean it deffinately there, but I just can't find it ... Has anyone got a link to the posting? ...

What is the cost of a new modified type oil pump, plus gaskets etc ... I'd rather sort it out myself than wait for it to happen ... cheers

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Meds, there were some engine codes mentioned by Crasher if you follow the following link, not sure if this is what you are after but hope it helps. Start on page 4, then on later pages chassis numbers are also mentioned.

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...il+pump&page=4

0 0 0

4. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Have a look to see if there's a sticker on the jack cover in the boot - some dealers put a sticker there with any 'recall' that has been done.

Can't remember the code, but if there is one (or two, in my case), do a search for 'stickers' or 'jack cover' and you might find it.

You could also ask your VW dealer to have a look on his pc....
    Last edited by Quatrelle; 02-05-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Added last bit.
    2006 (Dec.) B6 2.0TDi 140 Confort | Moka anthracite nacré | CControl | Highline MFD | Chrome Grill | Meta Targa rear parking sensors | Debadged
    1996 Laguna 2.2D
    1977 MGB roadster

0 0 0

5. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is a B6 2006 2.0 litre 140bhp ... WVW ZZZ 3C Z 6E 06**** .... so its looking like I have bought one within the range of the oil pump drive problems.

To be honest if I'd known of this problem prior I wouldn't have bought the car!

I dont mind the niggles every car has, but in my job I have to have reliability ... my car has done 51000 so will have to give the problem some thought ... I might contact the main agents, I intended on contacting them anyhow, was going to get it serviced at the main agents, purely so to keep the main agents service record up to date.

There are four stickers in the back of the boot, but none are 13D8 ... its really not good all this caper ... I should have stuck to Mercedes Benz, well you live and learn

0 0 0

6. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Meds why you said your car has the problem? as stated in the other topic the cars with the problem have stopped at 36000 your chasis no starts with 60000 so i don't think is affected,check with the dealer as well
    http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/rec...sultString=(VW
    i will check my one on tuesday and let you know

0 0 0

7. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    DSG4ME Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gireada2005 View Post
    Meds why you said your car has the problem? as stated in the other topic the cars with the problem have stopped at 36000 your chasis no starts with 60000 so i don't think is affected,check with the dealer as well
    http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/search.asp?whichpage=1&pagesize=10&resultString=(V W
    i will check my one on tuesday and let you know

It's all very easy to get ones self at it over this, to help put some ppl's mind's at rest, a friend has an 07 Touran DSG with a BKP in it, he's in the 90k bracket now I believe and the only issue's he's had with it other than a service is the starter motor and flywheel broke at around 55k iirc, VW fixed it all FOC under warranty, but as far as injector's and oil pumps go, he's not had any of that, and the cab fleet that run's a lot of Passat's ranging from 55's to 58's according to the driver's don't have any trouble with them either, and these cars get a right old hammering at the hands of various non owning driver's who don't give a toss about the car, so I wouldn't feel like you dated the bird with crabs yet about it, as you may find other than the odd glitch nothing goes wrong with your car's, I know it's a different engine, but the 1.9 TDi auto Skoda Superb I had, cost me an Alternator, 2 CV Boot's, 1 CVJ, and a Battery in the 3 years I owned it, and when I got shot of her the only thing I could say deffo wanted doing was the other CVJ, which at 102k isn't the end of the world, keep your filter's clean, and don't run any oil longer than 12k and you may just find you never needed to worry. hth.

0 0 0

8. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my passat has 40k ,and had only 2 services because it's the long life one on 18k,should i do that on 12k each time or stick with the vw 18k?,the other volvo i had i all the time changed oil (castrol magnatec)at 6-7k and the filters, and i use to do it myself.on the passat i don't know what to do the car is 4 1/2 years and i intend to keep it another 3years at least,should i keep on with the history or do the work my self?,by the way what oil i need to top up time to time -2l diesel 140 bhp sport model

0 0 0

9. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    DSG4ME Guest
    my passat has 40k ,and had only 2 services because it's the long life one on 18k,should i do that on 12k each time or stick with the vw 18k?,the other volvo i had i all the time changed oil (castrol magnatec)at 6-7k and the filters, and i use to do it myself.on the passat i don't know what to do the car is 4 1/2 years and i intend to keep it another 3years at least,should i keep on with the history or do the work my self?,by the way what oil i need to top up time to time -2l diesel 140 bhp sport model

At that age keeping a book stamped is a waste of time, what you need to do is keep receipt's for the parts and diy the car, one it will cost a lot less, and two when a car hit's over 6 years old it drops into a value of anything from 1k to 3k, plus you know whats been done and that it has been done, as for oil just look on any oil bottle for the markings of VW 507, keep the fully synthetic oil up, as mixing it with semi has adverse effects on engine seals so I've read, GSF is the best place for parts, and they do Fuchs oil's that will be ok for the engine as well, this longlife stuff was aimed at fleet manager's, the idea is that you lease for 2 yrs and depending on mileage never have to service the car, it's not designed to do the engine or you any favours, they see it as the car will probably do 60k before it plays up, and if it gets to 3 yrs old they can tell you to sod off anyway, so don't think for one minute LLS is a good idea, it's a simple hook to appeal to a bean counter. hth.

0 0 0

10. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    should i do that on 12k each time or stick with the vw 18k?
    I had my last 55reg Passat Sport 2.0 140 TDI from new, always on longlife service, got rid of it at 146k, no engine problems at all, so I'd stick to the manufacturers service intervals. Now on my 7th VW TDI in a row, and never had any engine issues whasoever. Last three all on longlife. Longest one kept to 215k miles.
    No point changing oil before it's due unless you have money to burn. Modern fully synthetic oil in modern engines with the latest materials and tolerances aren't like engines and oils of the seventies or even eighties.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast