1. Re: LT35 Losing Power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Boisty, it might be worth you listing what you have checked yourself or by someone else, a friend of mine who has a company's lt and i see every week night has been having probs (limp mode) so sent his in for sort out, he's had the air mass changed and says so far so good, but, he said the same as everyone else it does not do evry night so he will see how he gets on, but a common thing is that when you've given the vehicle some speed (if you know what i mean) this is what brings on the limp mode if you have to slow down for road works etc doing 50ish mph then clog it when clear, mine did the same

0 0 0

2. Re: LT35 Losing Power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After a 800 mile motorway trip my lt is no longer going in limp mode ,not even on the local hills it would always do it on. A good 10hr thrash seems to have cured it !

0 0 0

3. Re: LT35 Losing Power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Was you loaded with a bit of weight for all or most of the trip?

0 0 0

4. Re: LT35 Losing Power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My van is fully insulated and fibreglassed as it was a fridge van so is quite heavy empty, it was full of tools and has extra row of seats and my dog was in there too about a 3/4 load i would say.

0 0 0

5. Re: LT35 Losing Power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The reason i asked lee lt is that with mine it was more common to limp if i was light loaded, say around 400kgs ish, yet when i have done a run with maybe 900kgs to 1100kgs she ran like a steam train, no limp mode , and held her speed well, maybe these engine's need to be working hard by pulling weight, same prob with a collegue his started this limp mode performance when his loads lightened up recently but had been fine up to then. Just as an add on my merc i use now certainly performs better when carring weight, proberly clears the gunk and whatever else that builds up in the breather and exhaust system's out ??, so as you say maybe a good thrash now and again might be good.

0 0 0

6. Re: LT35 Losing Power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It always has the same load on but i only do short runs normally 1/2 hour max driving to jobs ,it is the first long run i have done in 5 months ,cornwall to yorkshire and back non stop each way with 100 miles of nipping round while i was in sheffield. I reckon it has to be crap in the vaines on the turbo. My van was stood for 5 months before i bought it and before that it went from sheffield to kent every day since 2004 and never had the power loss problem . Hope you find a cure as cheap as mine.

0 0 0

7. Re: LT35 Losing Power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Let us know how you get on over the next few months if you will, ie, see if she plays up again on short light load runs etc, i dont use mine much now but you may have hit on something

0 0 0

8. Re: LT35 Losing Power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will do mate fingers crossed the engine wont blow next week!

0 0 0

9. Re: LT35 Losing Power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After a full summer of no limp mode its f****** started again ! Anybody found the cure yet. Im off to the dealers tuesday for a new air mass meter dont think it will help but its the cheapest starting point.

0 0 0

10. Re: LT35 Losing Power 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you had a vagcom scan done again and is your van a 2.5 109 or 2.8 this is a strage problem
    Audi A3 1.9 TDi 130

0 0 0

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast