1. Question brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi just bought a seat alhambra t reg anyway i had the engine management light come on,i think i might have sourced the problem to that, the brake light switch is suspect...But now the brakes are hard after two presses while in motion ,not very safe at all any ideas would be appreciated thanks gary oh forget its a 1.9tdi

0 0 0

2. Re: brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    either the servo is broken, the vac pump is faulty or more likely you have an air leak between the two.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

3. Re: brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had a dodgy brake servo pipe not sucking air from vacum servo...replaced this but the brakes are still hard to push .....Is there anything i missed hat i should be doing ? i.e like re bleed brake system? not sure really??

0 0 0

4. Re: brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    the servo and hydraulics are not connected. basically a vacuum pump creates a vacuum that is fed into the servo, and used for turbo etc. check theres no leaks antwhere. if the vac pump is sucking and theres no leaks, it must be the servo. this can be checked using a vacuum device such as a mitivac or oil suction removal tool.

0 0 0

5. Re: brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for that,i checked too see if the vacuum pump is sucking/drawing from the sevo and it is ,so i am presuming the servo has packed up....will update...also no leaks to be seen ...

0 0 0

6. Re: brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    any ideas where i start to remove the brake servo,is it a difficult job to do ideally step by step guide will be sufficient.....

0 0 0

7. Re: brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    before condeming the servo, i would check the vacuum pump. its rare for a servo to fail, and when they do go, they usually go completely. the most obvious fault for what you have is a split vacuum pipe somewhere. you could try temporarily blanking off any other vacuum pipe, so the pump goes straight to the servo to see if that makes any difference. this would rule out a leak anywhere else. i presume after 2 pumps the pedal goes hard, then comes back again a few seconds later. can you hear any sucking noise anywhere, around any vacuum pipes or up above the brake pedal.

0 0 0

8. Re: brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi thanks for that,finally stopped raining long enough for me to have a look!
    firstly i can see no split pipes etc...When i have engine runninng the peddle will slightly and slowly start going to the floor,then i raise and press again solid???
    would it be then a vacuum failure or servo or after reading other theads the inline valve at fault,any help would be appreciated thanks,or if any one is local too me i would happily pay for there help in rectifying this problem im in plymouth

0 0 0

9. Re: brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    ok, i think theres a misuderstanding here. when you say solid, do you mean loss of servo? run engine, brakes feel good, turn off engine and pump pedal, when vacuum extinguished, brakes go hard. is that what you are getting?

0 0 0

10. Re: brakes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    brakes are solid without running engine then still solid with engine running,pedal will slowly go down very slow,then i raise press peddle again stil hard

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast