Notices

User Tag List

Thread: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi all
    i hope someone could please help me
    i have a 05 mk5 golf gt tdi 140,i have only owned the car for under 2weeks and seems to be some small problems which i will list
    1.on tickover the car shakes like the engine is shuddering but the revs stay constant about 800 rpm also this seems worse when the car is cold
    2.i dont really drive fast (lol)but the car struggles to go above 3000 rpm when it did yesterday there seemed to be a slight pause it did go above 3000 but was not very smooth like the car was missing.
    luckily the car is still under warranty and the garage very helpful any ideas before i go back on monday
    should also say before i bought the car the turbo was changed
    also no faults on dash also again should say the garage is not a vw dealer so no vag com
    many thanks to you all ian

0 0 0

2. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like it needs an ecu software upgrade.

But you also must get is scanned for faults.

1 0 0

3. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for reply
    car going into garage on monday let u know what happens
    just a quick question if there was a fault code would it appear on the dash if so where would it be (sounds dull but this is my first vw)
    also someone has said it could be the maf sensor any comments
    thanks to u all fab website im addicted!

0 0 0

4. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    faults will only show on the kit designed to read them.

possible maf, post up your fault codes or google ross tech wiki.

1 0 0

5. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi all just to let you know there was a fault code on the car forgot the code but it was the glow plug in cyl 3 which is faulty.this will be fixed next week and the garage hopes this will sort the rough idle
    the other bit was the maf sensor which was changed and the car is running smoother and no more loss of power!

thanks again ian

0 0 0

6. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi all
    the above problems are back!!
    my first vw and nothing but hassle,the engine idle thing is intermittant but the loss of power under accelaration is back.Car taken back to garage on monday and guess what all problems went gotta say i felt like a right idiot,however the fault has come back so i went straight down garage again so they could see the problems which they confirmed so its booked in for jan 04.
    when i went back today the car was put on a fault code machine and nothing has showed up even though there is quite clearly a problem.the car has had the ecu update so its not that and the maf sensor has been changed.ANY IDEAS ANYONE?
    just to recap under accelaration between 2000 and above loss of power seems like cars missing/pinking/lack of fuel you can put your foot flat to the floor and revs wont go over 4000,however should say if the car is in neutral the revs can easily go to the red line.this problems happens when the car is hot or cold if that helps
    SORRY FOR THE LONG POST

0 0 0

7. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    themagpie78 Guest
    I have the same issue on my 04 2.0 GT TDI.

It had the ECU update (24N8) this time last year. From recollection the issue dissapeared for a couple of months but is now back with a vengeance. Unfortunately I haven't drove the car much since then. Maybe 4000 miles or so.

I did do a lot of miles in it over Christmas however and it was shocking how many times it stalled, lost power between 1500 and 2200 revs. Fealt like it was misfiring or off a cylinder.

This was happening when the car was hot and cold. I had to try keep the revs above 2200 which was a nightmare considering the amount of ice on the roads.

My brother is an independent mechanic and he took it out for a spin but wouldn't touch it as he reckoned it could be any number of things and he has no com to check for fault codes. He reckoned there probably wouldn't be any appearing anyway. No fault lights appearing on dash. Have it booked into main dealer next Tuesday.

0 0 0

8. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi to you all/i had the same prob with mine car shacking on tick over and put up with it for 1 year but just had to change the in tank sender unit and the car now ticks over fine no shacking the car or nothing so i guess it was the pump being weak and not pumping enough diesel up tp the filter houseing.Hope this helps

0 0 0

9. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just a quick update car now seems fixed vw changed the fuel filter and the symtoms have gone FINGERS CROSSED thanks to all who contacted me
    best wishes ian

0 0 0

10. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ijvader69 View Post
    just a quick update car now seems fixed vw changed the fuel filter and the symtoms have gone FINGERS CROSSED thanks to all who contacted me
    best wishes ian
    hi ijvader first time heer sorry for dragging up old post my mk5 140 gttdi is acting up in the same manner as yours was the shacking on idle like a missing injecter missfiring annoying as **** i only have my one 2 weeks now changed tbelt and am due ecu update tomorow
    can u tell me when your turbo kicks in mine dosnt seem to kick in untill 2000revs and only seems to continue untill 3200revs is this common do you know?
    anyway did the fuel filter fix the issue of the shacking in the car when idle??

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast