Notices

User Tag List

Thread: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Crasher is Steve Cresswell one of the top VAG men in the UK. He gives free advice on here a nice fella with a fuse shorter than a really short fuse. He helped me on his way out to a party on New years Eve try that with commons road cars! Is what pricey? This is a good site for advice, a good rant and craic. There are a couple of Irish VAG sites but I don't find them helpful

0 0 0

2. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you're stuck give me a shout
    Quote Originally Posted by 8loopy8 View Post
    hhaha ill keep an eye out for the sacastic crasher you know if there pricy ?

0 0 0

3. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers man good site lots of ppl online to give info i dont feel alone in my piece of ***** problems anymore hahaha got bit mixed up tought i had to replace the whole housing thats why was asking if was pricy..... i get now tho ha that its only just the paper filter great diagram here TDISport - The Diesel Forum and Community • View topic - Mk5 Golf TDI Fuel Filter Replacement from diff site ill be givin that a whack tomorow save meself a mechanic bill *****

u know anytin about the tandem pump as in how would i know if oil was mixin with the diesel? had to top up oil tonight oil light low came on trew a litre of mobile 40w50 in see how it gose i supose

also would u recomend changing maf senser if car was only gettin a gud turbo btween 2000rpm and 3100 rpm?

0 0 0

4. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You need a diagnostic scan, if the tandem pump is banjaxed uou have to replace it, oil/diesel is BAD MF

0 0 0

5. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    had it hooked up to computer so prob woulda showed up can rule that out so dmf was anthor brought up by one mecanic but 1 out of 4 said that others said engine should be making knocking noise from clutch and the shake would also be resolved by pushing down on clutch pedel and there would be like a step on the clutch when changing gear was quted mad prices thank *** didnt do it at 1000 to 1200 from independent garages anyways im off man cheers forr the info il swap over filters tomorow see how i get on nice1 for the info

1 0 0

6. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi with my idle problem the issues came back but not loss of power.The next thing i was going to change was the wiring loom on top of the injectors however when the car went to the garage he just checked one more thing and found that the timing was out by 1 tooth (his terms)once this was corrected the car was transformed and the lumpy and shaking on tick over is gone!! To think i put up with this for so long and it was caused by the timing belt change when i 1st BOUGHT the car.I hope you get yours sorted because i know how flustrating this is.

0 1 0

7. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    interesting ...... the thing with mine was the timing belt was changed last week .. but the problem exsisted before change..
    you think this could be over looked by a mecanic ? as in just replacing one for the other with markers? good theroy gona ask mecanic to check it over was it just a matter of looking or did the belt have to be removed .. do you rember how much it cost my wallets low at the moment after buying the golf
    cheers 4 input

0 0 0

8. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have seen plenty of belts changed according to the last guy that changed it's tipex marks. I use the makers marks it seems to work fine. Set the fltwheel on TDC and take off the timing belt top cover, if you see fresh tipex or paint marks get the timing checked.

0 0 0

9. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i agree tippex marks are bad could give timing errors

0 0 0

10. Re: lumpy uneven tickover slight loss of power over 3000 rpm mk5 golf gt tdi 140 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    after 2 months finally got round to timing belt today

had to strip the belt down twice as the bottom crank could eitheir be set to the left or right im no mecanic i was just holding the torch haha learned alot about timing belts today tho but have to agree anyone getting there belt done ask to be set to tdc

the good news is yesssssss the dirthy fukwad of a shake has left the golf like a new car mpg seems on the up aswell and alot smoother was only out by one tooth amazing used the locking pins to get tdc and crank lock

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123