0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcb View Post
    has anyone ordered a new golf estate ?
    anyone thinking of ordering one ?
    I am currently waiting for the VW website to be updated to actually allow the configuration of the new golf estate. It shows all the details and has done for the last month but will not allow you to configure it. I have emailed VW customer services but not had a response.

0 0 0

3. Re: new golf estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rando View Post
    I am currently waiting for the VW website to be updated to actually allow the configuration of the new golf estate. It shows all the details and has done for the last month but will not allow you to configure it. I have emailed VW customer services but not had a response.

just go to the dealer and get a price list and then put together a car your self. thats what I am doing !

0 0 0

4. Re: new golf estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just go to the dealer and get a price list and then put together a car your self. thats what I am doing !
    I have downloded the brochure & price list but because it will be a company car lease it needs to be configured online and until VW update their website the leasing company will not give me a quote.

0 0 0

5. Re: new golf estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have downloded the brochure & price list but because it will be a company car lease it needs to be configured online and until VW update their website the leasing company will not give me a quote.
    how annoying for you. I got a qoute from drivethedeal online so the info is out there.
    have you driven one yet ? what did you think ? what are you coming from ?

0 0 0

6. Re: new golf estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how annoying for you. I got a qoute from drivethedeal online so the info is out there.
    have you driven one yet ? what did you think ? what are you coming from ?
    I have not driven the estate yet or actually seen one in the flesh. My local dealer does not have one yet. My current car is a VW Touran SE. I am looking at getting the Golf Estate 1.6 SE Bluemotion for better MPG plus a huge saving on Benefit in Kind Tax (as its a company car).

0 0 0

7. Re: new golf estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have not driven the estate yet or actually seen one in the flesh. My local dealer does not have one yet. My current car is a VW Touran SE. I am looking at getting the Golf Estate 1.6 SE Bluemotion for better MPG plus a huge saving on Benefit in Kind Tax (as its a company car).
    i have driven the 1.6 SE but not the bluemotion. It was OK but i found i had to use the gears a lot more than i am used to - however I am coming from a 1.8T petrol audi a4 and a 1.8TSi DSG skoda. I am looking at buying the 1.4TSi as i dont want a diesel. The 1.4 drives well in the golf plus I tried. bothj my local dealers have an estate S model in the showrooms and one has an SE on the road. I am taking it out again on wed for a couple of hours to make my final decision. (ride, refinement and seat comfort are my main areas of focus. i will ignore the engine)

0 0 0

8. Re: new golf estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    forgto to mention - what are your views of the touran as its another option for us. is it like a van or is it car-like. ? do you get more wind noise due to more glass and high up driving position. cheers

0 0 0

9. Re: new golf estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    forgto to mention - what are your views of the touran as its another option for us. is it like a van or is it car-like. ? do you get more wind noise due to more glass and high up driving position. cheers
    Yuo have to understand that I am my car enthusiast and practitality overrides performance for me. The Touran has been a great choice for us as a family (2 kids age 8 & 5 now but were 4 & 1 when we got the touran). It is a great load lugger and very versatile as I have the 7 seat version , which we do use occassionally. I like the high driving position of it and do not notice any more wind noise compared to other cars i have had. Wouldn't like to comment on if it is 'van' like as i don't throw it around corners or like to floor it anyway. its a good family mode of transport ! If the Touran was available in a more economical engine and in the lower B.I.K tax bracket then I would certainly have another. (the touran bluemotion that is available is still not that economical when compared to the golf 1.6 and is several tax brackets higher).
    Hopefully the golf estate will give me the room and versitility required but with a saving in fuel costs and B.I.K tax.

0 0 0

10. Re: new golf estate 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i am similar to yourself - two boys aged 6 and 3. always had 4 door saloon cars but since getting the superb we realise what we are missing with the hatch (its got a clever twindoor system allowing it to be a boot or a hatch - recently copied by BMW in the 5 series tourer). However its a big car and in order to stop it driving like a boat they have done something odd with the suspesion so that its not great over rough roads. I just cant get used to it and want to get out. the golf was never an option due to it being smaller. However i stumbled on the golf estate whilst looking at the touran and was pleasantly surprised. the boot is only a fraciton smaller than my skoda (which has a humongeous boot). the interior space is less but then the skoda as the same rear legroom as an S-class . i am awazed how much leg room the golf has for a smaller class of car. in fact the golf is pretty similar in size to my 2001 passat i used to have. cars have definitley got bigger recently !!
    the touran is still an option although I have yet to drive it. I like the idea of the extra seats as we sometimes have to squeeze a grown up in between the two kids which in a golf will not be easy. they also do a 1.4TSi engine with 140bhp in the touran (why this is not available in the golf i dont know !)
    I am very **** about road and wind noise so i need ot explore this aspect of the golf astate ans touran. I know th enew golf has lots of extra attention to this area - different mirrors, better door seals etc but the estate has many mark 5 components. look at the door handles and door skins and interior dorr panels- all from the mark 5 and noticeably different to the mark 6 hatch. also the windscreen surround and mirrors are different. I wonder if the fact that the hatch is famed for its refinement has lead me to the golf but I will be disappointed with th eestate as it doesnt have these features ?
    i shall report back after my long test on wed morning. persuaded the dealer (under much duress) to let me take the car for the morning.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast