Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Stuck shut rear door (Child Lock problem)

1. Question Stuck shut rear door (Child Lock problem) 
    kevin123 Guest
    Hello

Having recently purchased my 2002 passat the passenger rear door became stuck shut and only openable from the inside. I assumed the child lock to be at fault and preceeded to play about with all the controls and central locking. One of these being the manual child locking device which is housed in the jamb/latch part of the door, where you need a key to turn it and it should in good operation prevent the door from being opened from the inside. and yes that worked fine so now i have a doorthat is stopped from being opened from the inside with my problem of opening it from the outside still there. Doh!...

This is where i pin my hopes on some trusty repsonses to help me out in this niggling little problem. Having got in touch with the previous owner, i learnt the door gets sticky from time to time and all is needed is some grease to sort it out. Is there anyway i can get this door opened with out taking it all to bits and costing me a small fortune.

Thanks to all in advance,

kevin.

0 0 0

2. Passat rear door stuck shut. 
    trousers Guest
    Hello, One has just had the same problem, took me about three day's to sort out, but I can now tell you how to solve the problem. There are three way's probably more but .

1. Take the car into a VW Main agent or another garage. Cost £170 or there abouts.

2. Take out the inner pannel remove the glass, release all the electrics as you go allong. This is the way I did mine. To get to the little bliter causing the problem.

3. Removed - think before posting next time
    Last edited by Sam; 12-06-2007 at 01:45 PM. Reason: See my post further down

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine sometimes does this too. I noticed that the indicator button does not always pop up fully. this seems to be when there will be a problem. I have to operate the central locking again, and it usually works ok. Might be a different problem to yours, but i would suggest you try leaning against the door, as it unlocks, taking the doorseal pressure off the mechanism might help?

0 0 0

4. Rear door locked won't open 
    trousers Guest
    Nothing worked at all had to strip the thing completely from the inside. But in doing this I found a very quick and easy way to correct same. Cheers anyway.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Nothing worked at all had to strip the thing completely from the inside. But in doing this I found a very quick and easy way to correct same. Cheers anyway.

I think you should share your secret with us? Is this not a community forum for sharing information and helping each other?

Tightwad!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillfly View Post
    I think you should share your secret with us? Is this not a community forum for sharing information and helping each other?

Tightwad!
    I completely agree and have removed the offending section from the post.

Consider this your first and only warning. Remember you were charged nothing to join up, nor are you asked to contribute to the site to remain a member.

Try this post first;

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=8889

Then have a look at how to refurb the lock here;

http://www.taligentx.com/passat/main...lockmechanism/

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0