Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Golf VI SE Bluemotion - Anyone else got one?

1. Golf VI SE Bluemotion - Anyone else got one? 
    baldbloke Guest
    Hi

Taking delivery of new Golf Bluemotion on Friday November 13th (I'm not superstitious though!) and thought I'd start this off to share thoughts, impressions, etc with anyone else who has one...

I really would have liked the GTD but economics sadly put the brakes on the idea :-(

Options: Candy White paint, DAB radio, cornering foglights, Park Assist (without the camera though. Son and his mates don't believe that a car can near-as-dammit park itself!), multifunction steering wheel, pimp glass, mats, luxury pack, RCD310 radio/CD.

Look forward to hearing from you!

BB

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf VI SE Bluemotion - Anyone else got one? 
    baldbloke Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baldbloke View Post
    Hi

Taking delivery of new Golf Bluemotion on Friday November 13th (I'm not superstitious though!) and thought I'd start this off to share thoughts, impressions, etc with anyone else who has one...

I really would have liked the GTD but economics sadly put the brakes on the idea :-(

Options: Candy White paint, DAB radio, cornering foglights, Park Assist (without the camera though. Son and his mates don't believe that a car can near-as-dammit park itself!), multifunction steering wheel, pimp glass, mats, luxury pack, RCD310 radio/CD.

Look forward to hearing from you!

BB
    Delivered last Friday @ 0900... spot on time (more to do with subcontracted delivery driver than dealer as he made a point of saying he only works half a day on Fridays!)

A bit of road dirt around the rear end due to spray from the transporter, but otherwise in perfect order. Had to go straight off to work after delivery when all I wanted to do was wax wax wax, but... I have acquired some JewelUltra Diamondbrite which I am going to use as soon as time and weather permits... will update when I see the results, but it comes highly recommended and I understand it's only available to the trade...

First impressions-

1. Quiet! - Made my previous car (Mondeo 2.2 TDCi) sound like a tank! First trip out did produce some road noise possibly due to surface water. Smaller car + sports suspension probaly contributes as well.

2. Start/Stop takes some getting used to! Read the manual to see what the parameters are for it to work correctly.

3. Be aware of gear ratios. There is a long way between 1st and 2nd gears and it may catch you out, as it did me on a speed hump on the first day. Stalled it and got start/stop system errors reported in the MFD. These have since cleared and start/stop works fine as long as you understand the how/when/why...

4. Park Assist - awesome! However, if you try and use it to park in a space next to a high wall, you will end up with a scraped nearside mirror if there is a piece of masonry sticking out (as I have discovered . Suggest you order the luxury pack in conjunction with Park assist as you can always fold the mirrors in...

5. MPG - low at the moment... way off the 68.9 overall that VW claim. Hopefully this will improve as the engine and running gear loosen up... watch this space!

Bottom line - I'm pleased with it! Long term, we'll see how it goes, but so far so good...

BB

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf VI SE Bluemotion - Anyone else got one? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had a Golf mk6 bluemotion for around 6 eeks or so now. Overall I'm very pleased with it. It's very quiet, a smooth drive, and I'm loving the stop start. I agree with the low MPG though, currently I'm done around 1600miles, and I get around 45-50mpg on a steady run, and that's only doing around 65-70mph. Not impressed at the minute, but I'm putting it down to running in (hopefully). I'll report back in a other few thousand miles or so.

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf VI SE Bluemotion - Anyone else got one? 
    baldbloke Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neil-harrison13 View Post
    I've had a Golf mk6 bluemotion for around 6 eeks or so now. Overall I'm very pleased with it. It's very quiet, a smooth drive, and I'm loving the stop start. I agree with the low MPG though, currently I'm done around 1600miles, and I get around 45-50mpg on a steady run, and that's only doing around 65-70mph. Not impressed at the minute, but I'm putting it down to running in (hopefully). I'll report back in a other few thousand miles or so.
    I filled up last week and have just done 400 miles on half a tank, which works out to around 70mpg!!! Mostly M-way @70mph plus some weekend pottering, but I will be very happy indeed if these figures are sustainable.

Watch this space!!!

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf VI SE Bluemotion - Anyone else got one? 
    baldbloke Guest
    Found this page which might answer some of our questions:

http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/faq/

The bit about speaking to the dealer if getting a lot less than the manufacturer claims is interesting, especially if we're getting 20mpg below the advertised figure (a 33% deviation or thereabouts...)

0 0 0