1. Diagnosis codes, 05 B7 2.0TFSIQ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The check engine light on my 05 B7 2.TFSI Q came on a couple of weeks ago. I had the dealer do a diagnosis on it. They found a few codes concerning fuel pressure, deleted them and wasn't able to recall the faults. However a couple of days later the light came on again. After I filled up the tank the light disappeared, but came back on halfway through the same tank, and it's stayed on for a few days now. I had a local shop do a diagnosis this morning, and they gave me the following trouble codes:

P0507 Idle Control System RPM higher Than Expected
    P0441 Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge flow
    P310B Low Pressure Fuel regulation: Fuel Pressure Outside Specification
    P2187 System Too Lean at Idle, Bank 1

The car feels normal. Any ideas?

0 0 0

2. Re: Diagnosis codes, 05 B7 2.0TFSIQ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The check engine light came back on today.
    Audi B7 A4 Avant 2.0TFSIQ aut (241hp, sports susp., valc. leath. sports seats, MF sports steer, navi plus, BOSE, BT, PDC, dyn. bi-xenon, 18" MOMO GT-R)
    BMW 118d (185hp, alu trim, sports int, rain s., navi, MF steer., BT, PDC, 17" M, dual clim., M aerodyn)
    Volvo XC90 (bull bar, side steps, widebody/wheel arch., dual AC, MF steer, 7S, el. leather seats, navi, rain s., phone, prem. aud., bi-xen.+xen. driv. lamps, Webasto, PDC)

0 0 0

3. Re: Diagnosis codes, 05 B7 2.0TFSIQ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did a new read out yesteday, with a system that gives a bit more information.

Fault code Description Status
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    08583 --- Bank 1; System too Lean at Idle --------------------------------------------- 004 No Signal/Communication
    08825 --- Leak in Air Intake System ----------------------------------------------------- 002 Lower Limit Exceeded
    12555 --- Low Pressure Fuel regulation: Fuel Pressure Outside Specification -- 008 Implausible Signal
    01287 --- Idle Control System RPM: Higher than Expected. ------------------------- 001 Upeer Limit Exceeded

It looks to me as the first error is due to some sensor or something being dead/not connected, and the other three errors are just a consequence of the first error.

1. I'm used to splitting a V-engine in bank 1 and 2, but since this is an R4, does Bank 1 mean cyl 1 an 2 (starting at the front)?

2. What does "No signal/communication" on the first error mean? Are we talking lambda sensor? Coils? Other sensors?
    Audi B7 A4 Avant 2.0TFSIQ aut (241hp, sports susp., valc. leath. sports seats, MF sports steer, navi plus, BOSE, BT, PDC, dyn. bi-xenon, 18" MOMO GT-R)
    BMW 118d (185hp, alu trim, sports int, rain s., navi, MF steer., BT, PDC, 17" M, dual clim., M aerodyn)
    Volvo XC90 (bull bar, side steps, widebody/wheel arch., dual AC, MF steer, 7S, el. leather seats, navi, rain s., phone, prem. aud., bi-xen.+xen. driv. lamps, Webasto, PDC)

0 0 0

4. Re: Diagnosis codes, 05 B7 2.0TFSIQ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Check the Air intake leak first,as it can put other faults up too.Check all Induction hoses,manifolds etc.

0 0 0

5. Re: Diagnosis codes, 05 B7 2.0TFSIQ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bank 1 refers to all 4 cylinders, there is no bank 2 but the fault code has to state which bank the fault is on.

You definitely need to solve whatever the air leak is as that would likely cause your lean running condition and possibly the idle control problem too.

0 0 0

6. Re: Diagnosis codes, 05 B7 2.0TFSIQ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys. I had my car at LongLife service yesterday, and they also booked half a day to look at the engine lamp problem. They did a lot of readouts/printouts (laarge bunch of papers), and found out that the engine didn't get the air it needed, which fooled the ECU into believing there were other problems with the engine. They opened the air box and concluded that the air filter was so clogged up the engine didn't manage to suck through enough air at idle. They had never seen anything like it, and wondered where I'd been driving..

Well, they replaced it and did a new readout on the air mass meter, and everything apparantly looked good. They're certain this was the problem. I am not as the lamp has been off for a couple of days everytime I've zeroed the faults, but time will show. So far so good. Fingers crossed.

0 0 0

7. Re: Diagnosis codes, 05 B7 2.0TFSIQ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    It just shows you,check the simple things first,before you go to get your VAG COM.!!!! It aint always electrical. Hope its finally fixed though!

0 0 0

8. Re: Diagnosis codes, 05 B7 2.0TFSIQ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It isn't.

As expected; The light came back on the day after (thursday) ironically enough just when passing by the dealer on my way home from work!

They're taking it back in tomorrow.

0 0 0

9. Re: Diagnosis codes, 05 B7 2.0TFSIQ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The error codes mention too lean at idle - that's an excess of air! I would suggest that it's a leak in a vacuum pipe somewhere. Once you've solved that then you have a better chance of solving the others.

0 0 0

10. Re: Diagnosis codes, 05 B7 2.0TFSIQ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I took a short look under the hood the other day, and wooha, it isn't easy to get an overview of the pipes/hoses on the turbo motor in the tight little engine bay. I've done my share of repairs and builds the past ten years, but that didn't help me. I am still confused...

0 0 0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast