1. 1.4tsi 122bhp idle speed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My golf only revs at 625 on tickover, is this normal on the mk 6 as my mk 4 was 900rpm, can anyone have a look at theirs

0 0 0

2. Re: 1.4tsi 122bhp idle speed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iallen1@btinter View Post
    My golf only revs at 625 on tickover, is this normal on the mk 6 as my mk 4 was 900rpm, can anyone have a look at theirs
    I think mine is about 700rpm or thereabouts - never 900! I think my MK5 was similar however the MK6 is virtually silent on tickover, isn't it?
    2016 VW Golf MK7 Match Edition 1.4TSI 125ps 5dr in Reflex Silver.

0 0 0

3. Re: 1.4tsi 122bhp idle speed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i wonder why one would be on 625 and the other 700, you would of thought they would all be the same from the factory

0 0 0

4. Re: 1.4tsi 122bhp idle speed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine seems to be around 750.

Has anyone else with this engine noticed that it seems liable to stall when manoeuvring or pulling off. I've only had the car two weeks and managed it to stall it four times so far when pulling away. Maybe it's just a case of getting used to it, but I would have thought I would be by now. When manoeuvring unless you keep the revs fairly high it sounds as though it's going to stall. On my previous Mk4, I'd hardly touch the accelerator when reversing in to the garage for example.
    VW Golf Mk.6 1.4TSi (122PS) SE Georgia Blue Metallic, 2-zone climate control, Auto hold, front fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Flat tyre indicator, Luxury pack, Multi-function leather wheel, Parking sensors, Park Assist, Rear view camera, Winter pack.

0 0 0

5. Re: 1.4tsi 122bhp idle speed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    Mine seems to be around 750.

Has anyone else with this engine noticed that it seems liable to stall when manoeuvring or pulling off. I've only had the car two weeks and managed it to stall it four times so far when pulling away. Maybe it's just a case of getting used to it, but I would have thought I would be by now. When manoeuvring unless you keep the revs fairly high it sounds as though it's going to stall. On my previous Mk4, I'd hardly touch the accelerator when reversing in to the garage for example.
    Funny you should mention that. In two odd months I have had mine, I've stalled mine once and can't ever recall stalling my MK5 in the 4.5 years I had it.
    Maybe the 1.4TSI has a lighter flywheel and the engine is so much quieter, isn't it?
    2016 VW Golf MK7 Match Edition 1.4TSI 125ps 5dr in Reflex Silver.

0 0 0

6. Re: 1.4tsi 122bhp idle speed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My idle speed drives me round the bend (pun not intended). When starting the car its normally 750, but it also starts at 1200 and stays there. So I've taken to immediately restarting it and it goes back to 750. Is this an automatic throttle? Do they even exist on cars any more? If it is a throttle, surely it should still restart at 1200, not 750. Plus it isn't winter yet when I would expect a throttle to kick in.

I've taken it back to the garage and they still couldn't resolve it and they didn't explain it satisfactorially either. If anyone has a good explanation I'd be delighted to hear it.
    VW Golf MK6: MATCH 1.4TSI 5dr, Reflex Silver.

0 0 0

7. Re: 1.4tsi 122bhp idle speed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1 0 0