1. Retrofit front park assist? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is it possible to retrofit the advanced park assist with the front and rear sensors and screen radar gizmo? I only have rear beepers and having tried the all round system think it is really good.

I am guessing it would require:

New bumper
    Sensors
    Software
    Wiring?

Anyone know if its possible for a reasonable sum (less than £500)
    2008 ('58) A4 B8 Avant quattro - 3.0 TDi SE - B&O - heathed leather sports seats - Xenons - DVD NAV - MMI - interior light pack - glass roof - power tailgate - phone prep low

0 0 0

2. Re: Retrofit front park assist? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Adam - when I asked my dealer to retro this to my new B8 they would only supply beepers which I declined because they had ****** me off over cruise which they said could not be retrofitted - my car was in the showroom not a factory order. So, I went to http://www.richtersport.co.uk/index.php

They were fantastic. Suggest you have a chat with them. Good luck and I have just done a Tonbridge Wells to Hertford run and got 60.1 mpg - impressive eh?

CLIVE
    No Pipe - No Slippers
    190+160+180+50=580bhp
    A4 Avant B8 2.0l 2009 model Deep Sea Blue - MMI Sat Nav, Cruise, Park Assist, Xenons, Spider Performance upgrade, Speech Recognition, Phone Prep with speech, IPod Integration with MMI.

0 0 0

3. Re: Retrofit front park assist? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the help and information.

60.1 mpg - which engine? I guess its the 2.0 TDi. Amazing - my best from the 3.0 is 43.2 mpg. It does average 38 mpg and struggles to get below around 32mpg.

The 2.0 TDi I have from the dealer today got 35.5 mpg over about 25 miles however I think I was probably trying too hard in it. I'll get a better idea tomorrow.
    2008 ('58) A4 B8 Avant quattro - 3.0 TDi SE - B&O - heathed leather sports seats - Xenons - DVD NAV - MMI - interior light pack - glass roof - power tailgate - phone prep low

0 0 0

4. Re: Retrofit front park assist? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep 2.0 TDI common rail with Spider. I was trying hard though and only used cruise to acellerate and decellerate. But brilliant never the less.
    No Pipe - No Slippers
    190+160+180+50=580bhp
    A4 Avant B8 2.0l 2009 model Deep Sea Blue - MMI Sat Nav, Cruise, Park Assist, Xenons, Spider Performance upgrade, Speech Recognition, Phone Prep with speech, IPod Integration with MMI.

0 0 0

5. Re: Retrofit front park assist? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clive marshall View Post
    ...only used cruise to acellerate and decellerate.
    Could you explain that one please??
    A4 (B8) 2010MY - 2.0TDi 143 SE Executive Avant; Sphere Blue Metallic, Audi Music Interface, Electric Lumbar Support, Heated Front Seats, Interior Light Pack.
    Now: Octavia Mk3 2.0TDi Elegance Combi, Steel Grey, Full Ivory Leather, Columbus 8" SatNav, Winter Pack, KESSY

0 0 0

6. Re: Retrofit front park assist? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep. Use the cruise contol to accelerate and decellerate instead of the acellerator and the cruise brakes for you on reducing the speed setting if reduced quickly. Every click up or down is 1mph and if you hold the lever up or down for a couple of seconds the increments are 5mph. It even puts on the brake lights as it reduces the speed! Marvelous. CLIVE
    No Pipe - No Slippers
    190+160+180+50=580bhp

0 0 0

7. Re: Retrofit front park assist? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clive marshall View Post
    Yep. Use the cruise contol to accelerate and decellerate instead of the acellerator and the cruise brakes for you on reducing the speed setting if reduced quickly. Every click up or down is 1mph and if you hold the lever up or down for a couple of seconds the increments are 5mph. It even puts on the brake lights as it reduces the speed! Marvelous. CLIVE
    Sorry - I am familiar with the Audi Cruise control, it was your original suggestion that you achieved 60.1mpg because you ONLY used cruise to accelerate and decelerate that had puzzled me...

Personally, I hate the way it brakes for you going downhill. If I am on the motorway and get to the top of a hill, I want to be carried down the other side carrying all the momentum. Surely having the brakes applied is a waste of energy and very annoying for people behind you who panic then curse you for showing brake lights unnecessarily. My last two cars had Cruise, and I don't remember ever experiencing a sensation of braking going downhill.
    But, hey, I am sure all that wasted energy is recovered by the 2010MY "Recuperatve braking"
    A4 (B8) 2010MY - 2.0TDi 143 SE Executive Avant; Sphere Blue Metallic, Audi Music Interface, Electric Lumbar Support, Heated Front Seats, Interior Light Pack.
    Now: Octavia Mk3 2.0TDi Elegance Combi, Steel Grey, Full Ivory Leather, Columbus 8" SatNav, Winter Pack, KESSY

0 0 0

8. Re: Retrofit front park assist? 
    Bratty Guest
    Sorry!, there is no fricking way driving with cruise control "activated" gives you optimum fuel economy. If you beleive that, or try and convince other people of that fact, then you need re-educating.

Dunk

0 0 0

9. Re: Retrofit front park assist? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think that clive was suggesting that the best way to get good consumption was to use cruise, he just said that that was what he had done.

Cruise costs something like 10% on fuel because, unlike a person driving, it can't use the topology of the land and account for traffic to unnecessary avoid braking or accelleration. Cruise is a lazy way of ensuring that you stay at an efficient speed and make constant progress.

Seems a bit harsh blasting the guy for how he drove.

And another thing!!! Why did this thread about parking sensors get hi-jacked by a fuel economy debate.....

0 0 0

10. Re: Retrofit front park assist? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cruise could save you fuel if you're cruising along a road where the contours don't change that much. But I guess it's purely down to the road conditions.
    MY2010 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI quattro S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 19" alloys, Full Leather, B & O, 3G Tech Pack, Adaptive Lights, Dynamic Susp, Folding Mirrors, Power tailgate, Storage/Light Packs, Parking Plus, Heated Seats, Rear Blinds, Load Rails, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS, Load Liner

Gone : 09 A4 Avant, B6 S4, TT, Golf GTi...and the rest are embarassing!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast