Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Anyone take up the RTI insurance?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Anyone take up the RTI insurance? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Return To Invoice (RTI) insurance was offered to me when i picked up my car.

It’s £352.60 for 3 years and covers the difference between an insurance payout and the price of a brand new car.

So if the cash price of the car is £15,000 and your car is written off or stolen in year three an insurance company will give you the equivalent of £9000. The RTI insurance will pay the extra £6000 so you can effectively get a brand new car.

The policy also covers replacement of keys and locks due to loss or theft up to £350.

So what are people’s thoughts? Is it worth it and should i get it?

Cheers, Jason

0 0 0

2. Re: Anyone take up the RTI insurance? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It is basically GAP insurance which can be had a lot lot cheaper.
    Get a few quotes on-line then get your garage to match it. Apparently they can give £100's off the price.
    Personally I would rather go with the company that offered me the cheapest price rather than one that was originally trying to fleece you befor price matching.

0 0 0

3. Re: Anyone take up the RTI insurance? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p3asa View Post
    Get a few quotes on-line then get your garage to match it. Apparently they can give £100's off the price.
    Personally I would rather go with the company that offered me the cheapest price rather than one that was originally trying to fleece you befor price matching.

Thanks for this, i was just having a look online and it does appear to be a bit of a con from the dealer. They said i had 7 days to decide, but looking around the companies i have seen say 90 days after delivery.

Anyway i found a company called http://www.click4gap.co.uk that does it for £129 and you get £22.50 back via quidco for the same cover as the one offered by my dealer and that’s just the first company I’ve looked at.

At least i don't feel pressured with the "only 7 days to take it up" thing anymore.

Jason

0 0 0

4. Re: Anyone take up the RTI insurance? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Of course the dealership are making on it, thats what they do ! The quidco deal sounds very good, just make sure the provider is a reputable insurance company. You could also try www.moneysupermarket.com for price comparisons

GAP insurances is no differenct to Diamondbrite or Autoglym Lifeshine options - you can buy either product for under £20 and save yourself £280 by spending 2 hours applying yourself.

0 0 0

5. Re: Anyone take up the RTI insurance? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    www.ala.co.uk also do it quite cheaply and provide Quidco cashback.

0 0 0

6. Re: Anyone take up the RTI insurance? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p3asa View Post
    Yes I had the GAP insurance and I was quoted £395 for 3 years when I order my Golf GTD the other week. Considering when you buy a new car and drive it of the forecourt you've lost a grand straight off so the extra insurance for a 24 grand car isn't that bad. Considering they say its a much sort after car.

I was talking about this to some motoring friends and they said insurance companies normally pay out new for old in the first 12 months anyway so I'm only cover for 2 years really.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 0 0

7. Re: Anyone take up the RTI insurance? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    One good tip is NEVER EVER take GAP or RTI insurance from a dealer. Always go elsewhere, you'll save £100s.

0 0 0

8. Re: Anyone take up the RTI insurance? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm taking out Finance GAP insurance (as I'm on a lease), not RTI insurance. Only £85 for £10,000 claim limit for 2 years - http://www.car2cover.co.uk/Quote-Me-...-Gap-Insurance.
    Arrived on 29th September: MK6 Golf Bluemotion SE - Reflex Silver

0 0 0

9. Re: Anyone take up the RTI insurance? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just be VERY careful to check your t's and c's. A lot of insurance companies have a lot of if's but's and maybe's to avoid actually paying out on GAP insurance. I know quite a few people who've had issues trying to claim on GAP.

(Sadly I never thought to ask them why, never needed to know as can't afford a new car!)
    2010 Astra SRi 1.6T
    2004 Golf GT TDI 2.0 - Sadly Departed

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

0 0 0

10. Re: Anyone take up the RTI insurance? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

My dealer was offering the Gap Insurance at half price for September so I gave in and had it. I don't think £199 for the three years was too bad and I am happy it is from a reputable provider.

It is not the kind of thing I would ever have considered but it got me thinking about the difference in price/value between a brand new Golf and one that might be two or three years old. If I got paid market value a couple of years into ownership I certainly could not afford to replace it with another brand new car.

Cheers all,

Steve

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast