Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Hi all,

Just wondering if those lucky folks with 3G MMI could report what software version is installed? A handful of us have tuning/tmc issues, and our theory is that it's a software issue. Given that most don't seem to have the problem, we're wondering if it's version-related...

The A4 equivalent to mine is (thanks to MarkChesworth):-

From the Version Information screen:

Software version:
    HNav_EU_P0022_D1

Nav. database version:
    8R006884E_ECE5.8.5

From the hidden Engineering screen (press Radio then press and hold Setup and Return for 5 secs):

Train Version: P0022
    MU Software: 0047

Moderators, I have asked the same question in the A6 forum too - hope that's OK?

Thanks,

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

2. Re: MMI 3G - Software version? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'll post up later. I'm also taking mine in on Monday morning for them to look at a couple of things (MMI Directory listing issue and dimming mirrors with privacy glass) and I intend to ask to ensure it's the latest.
    MY2010 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI quattro S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 19" alloys, Full Leather, B & O, 3G Tech Pack, Adaptive Lights, Dynamic Susp, Folding Mirrors, Power tailgate, Storage/Light Packs, Parking Plus, Heated Seats, Rear Blinds, Load Rails, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS, Load Liner

Gone : 09 A4 Avant, B6 S4, TT, Golf GTi...and the rest are embarassing!

0 0 0

3. Re: MMI 3G - Software version? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Thanks Scotty. The latest version seems to be the worst from our (ableit novice) observations. First_Timer says he didn't have the problem at all before his software was updated...

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

4. Re: MMI 3G - Software version? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    Software version:
    HNav_EU_P0022_D1

Nav. database version:
    8R006884E_ECE5.8.5

From the hidden Engineering screen (press Radio then press and hold Setup and Return for 5 secs):

Moderators, I have asked the same question in the A6 forum too - hope that's OK?

Thanks,

MF.
    My A4 has the same s/w and Nav DB versions but I can't access the hidden menu using those instructions
    59 Plate A4 Avant S-Line Exec 2.0tdi|Garnet Red|multi box|tech pack|tow bar|Piano Black|folding mirrors|rear park|int light|storage|DAB|hill hold

0 0 0

5. Re: MMI 3G - Software version? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks Scotty. The latest version seems to be the worst from our (ableit novice) observations. First_Timer says he didn't have the problem at all before his software was updated...

MF.

Ooops me bad! I was at Audi this morning and my car is definately 100% up to date with the software etc.

When I get home I'll put up the details.
    MY2010 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI quattro S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 19" alloys, Full Leather, B & O, 3G Tech Pack, Adaptive Lights, Dynamic Susp, Folding Mirrors, Power tailgate, Storage/Light Packs, Parking Plus, Heated Seats, Rear Blinds, Load Rails, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS, Load Liner

0 0 0

6. Re: MMI 3G - Software version? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all,

Just wondering if those lucky folks with 3G MMI could report what software version is installed? A handful of us have tuning/tmc issues, and our theory is that it's a software issue. Given that most don't seem to have the problem, we're wondering if it's version-related...

The A4 equivalent to mine is (thanks to MarkChesworth):-

From the Version Information screen:

Software version:
    HNav_EU_P0022_D1

Nav. database version:
    8R006884E_ECE5.8.5

Thanks,

MF.
    As mentioned I was told today mine's totally up to date and since it's identicle to yours then you are as well. I asked if software upgrades were part of the PDI and apparently they are so this all makes sense.

So now the question is have I not suffered the tuning problem yet or is my car ok. Perhaps it's the revision of a component rather than the software

0 0 0

7. Re: MMI 3G - Software version? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    sw updates are only used for known issues from complaints complied via elsa pro technical solutions or workshop actions.If you suffer a complaint the information is entered as closely to the complaint as possible and live technical solutions may refer the tech to update the zug level.For example the most common update solutions are for phone prep issues and as 3g 5F control unit houses all the old control units in one place the updates will also update Nav(but not the maps) etc where as before with 2G the nav was not updated unless you purchased the nav cd rom.
    As 3g is still new only one update is available but more importantly and this is important those who choose to update themselves may cause some harm as the 3g needs on-line connection because the server also recodes the control unit is the update request long code info.After the cd rom has ran there is a request for a confirmation svm code, this sends the recorded protocol to the server and any hardware changes are addressed there and then with a newly calculated code sent back and adjustments made. DON'T PLAY WITH 5F CONTROL UNITS all data logs will show so leave your vag com alone as £2000 is the average price of the unit.Leave updates to the dealer as if a problem occurs they have the resources to repair or replace under warranty and you don't.Again with out svm feedback faults may arise but also it can be seen that incorrect procedures or diy updating has occurred which means void warranty.
    From experience collection of customer complaints leads to workshop action updates so your feed back to the dealers is vital for prompt rectification and forums are a great source for developing issues so keep up your observations and hopefully this current issue will be resolved.
    Regards A8
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

8. Re: MMI 3G - Software version? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a8 tech View Post
    From experience collection of customer complaints leads to workshop action updates so your feed back to the dealers is vital for prompt rectification and forums are a great source for developing issues so keep up your observations and hopefully this current issue will be resolved.
    This is exactly what I hoped to find when I took an MMI issues to my dealer. They advised talking to Audi CS which I did and they said book it in and get a tech to look at it which I did. The impression I got was "oh yeah it's just one of those things"

I wanted him to do as you said and for the feedback to help improve things for me and others.

FWIW this is the issue - if you have a phone entry and you "Copy it for editing" e.g. to put a navigable address in it, it takes the <First Name> <Surname> and puts both in the Surname field. If you manually remove the <name> and then put it in First Name you end up with an entry in the Directory of <Surname>, <First Name> instead of it being like all the other entried of <First Name> <Surname>

This issue also happens if you put a contact on an SD card in V-card format and then import it.

p.s. He was decent enough to leave my VCDS tweaks alone though

0 0 0