1. Used Car Values 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was filling in the renewal form for my insurance today had to put valuation on my car. I was shocked to find the value of my car gone up in the last year.

Cars similar to mine are being sold for £9,500 on autotrader compared to around £8,000 or thereabouts mark almost a year ago
    04 A4 1.8T S-Line Multitronic (190bhp)

0 0 0

2. Re: Used Car Values 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed, i Bought my car a year ago and can sell it for the exact same amount i bought it for in todays market.

Not many people are going to risk spending 30k on a brand new Audi any more, times have changed.
    Audi A4 2004 1.8T S-line (190) Multitronic Misano Red

0 0 0

3. Re: Used Car Values 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Value this year are higher. A recent report stated there was a shortage of used cars due to the scrapage scheme, which was driving (pardon the pun) up prices

0 0 0

4. Re: Used Car Values 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got mine almost a year ago too and paid far less than the market value. Quick look through AT and they're still selling for a third more, in some cases double if from a dealer!

I reckon it's the specific gear, engine and model combination though as blacksline, Mr Meeks and I all have the same 04 1.8T S-Line Multitronic with the 190 BHP engine. When I was looking, there were very few these around and those that were tended to be very high mileage.
    --
    04 A4 1.8
    T S-Line Multitronic (190bhp)
    Misano Red - Factory RS6 18" Alloys - Rear Folding Seats - Park Distance Control - Private Number Plate

0 0 0

5. Re: Used Car Values 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Agree I brought my s4 just at a time when no one (except me obviously) wanted a big v8 doing 20-25mpg. You couldn't find a similar car now for £1000 more than I paid.

About a year ago I was also getting seriously worried about the residual of my a3 but this is also now worth about £1000 more than they were going for this time last year.

Also agree 'they' say it is down to a lack of nearly new cars and the fact people are going for better value second hand stock than buying new.
    S4, B6 2004 Avant, Phantom Black, Cream Recaro's, AMD stage 3 398bhp
    A3, 2007 Sportback, S-line, Quattro, Exclusive, Silver/Black Nappa leather, RS4 alloys, light and rain pack, Ipod, BT

0 0 0

6. Re: Used Car Values 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I am surprised the multichronic oops i mean the multitronic audis are going up in price considering their attrocious reliability record!!!!!!!

My 2004 1.8T Quattro S-line 190 6 speed has also risen in price, paid 7K from a dealer in jan, i reckon i could sell now for over 8K (yes its low mileage and maritious? pearl blue.

0 0 0