Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eshrules View Post
    couldnt agree more and its eshrules to you call me carl... Esh is sooo yesterday
    Carl it is, the Eshrules is way tooo much typing
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Despite taking my licence number no less that 2 times, I never did get a hire car.

Thank the lord for small miracles - I collected my beloved Polo today - all seems well with it. Did not have to wait months after all.

The kind lady there was reading out a truck load of stuff they did to my car while I was waiting for my keys. I asked her for a copy, she said she could write it out. She then began to type it out. I said to her can't you just photo copy that sheet for me. She said ok. She went to do it then her boss told her she is not allowed, apparently that document is something internal only. So I left with no paper work at all.

I remember her saying they changed coil 4. I'm a bit worried about that. I was hoping they would change all of them before the rest have a go at failing on me. I think the failed coil caused a lot of damage. They had to re-grind the cylinders or something.

The car is over 2 years. Only have a year left of warranty - Im very worried the same problem will repeat itself with another coil when its just out of warranty and I will have to pay for all the repairs. It seems there was a lot that they had to repair.

Do they have to provide me with some kind of paper work that details everything they had to do and replace?

Thanks

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    iv never heard of coils doing much damage before...sounds like crap about grinding the cylinders.
    they obviously didnt want you to know something....cos they not letting you know exactly whats done to your car...
    then again never does a nice lady at front desk know what is done herself....having no motor trade knowledge....but obviously just pleasing to the eye
    they used to change all the coils under warranty if one fails as the new part number is modified and the old part number is prone to failure. so go back and get them done b4 your warranty runs out...

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shooey88 View Post
    iv never heard of coils doing much damage before...sounds like crap about grinding the cylinders.
    they obviously didnt want you to know something....cos they not letting you know exactly whats done to your car...
    Well there was a tonn of stuff they did to i before it was back to normal again going on what she was reading out.

The original problem was that it was misfiring - this was due to the faulty coil I guess. Sadly we drove the car for a little while before we noticed, this might have done some damage?

I think she said they replaced the coil but the car was still misfiring.

I remember her saying re-grinding cylinders.

She did not mention anything about the cat. - this was the part we were supposedly waiting for.

There was a load of other stuff but I was not paying attention - thought they were going to give us a print out or something. Damn it - I wish I had a decent camera on my phone, I could have snapped a quick picture of that paper work - Im sure its mysteriously going to go missing or have the words 'all 4 coils changed' added to it. Damn it - and the pretty lady was very happy to copy out by hand the top secret info and I went and stopped her

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Re-grinding valves perhaps? Maybe burned a few if it was mis-firing?

At least you have it back in less time than predicted, maybe they read the forum
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Three month wait for parts, what a luxury, I work for a Citroen dealer and things can take longer than that !!!!!!

The loan car issue depends on your dealer but £1500 excess seems stiff though, our loan car excess is £250 if you're over 25, and £500 if between 21 and 25, do what my customers do when waiting for parts, put pressure on the manufacturer, see what they will offer you can only be told no!!!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your taking a loan car why don't you put it on your own car insurance policy for the time of the hire? The dealer will be responsible for your car since its in their care anyway? It may cost an admin fee to your insurer but thats got to be cheaper and safer than taking it on the dealers insurance?

VW's customer careline at Milton Keynes is 0800711811

0 0 0

8. Re: Dealer refuses to give courtesy car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Firslty, I'm new to this site. Hence this may be in the wrong place, so I apologise in advance!

I have had a nightmare with my local VW workshop who "fixed" my car after a minor bump. I collected the car, they gave me the keys and left to search for it in the car park. I thought I'd just have a look under the bonnet to check new bumper, headlights etc fitted as on the original quote. All looked great, dropped the bonnet, only for it to bounce back up at me. The catch is shot. Then discovered no bulbs in the new headlights. Yes, NONE. So I could have driven away, been travelling miles, strats to go dark, switch lights on - oh, no lights. How dangerous? Ended up there for another hour and ten minutes while they sorted this. Switched air con on yesterday - sounds like there's a dying cat in there somewhere. Can't even face ringing them. Want to write a letter of complaint and copy every man and his dog in. Do you have any addresses / names please? VW Customer Care have given me the below?

VW Passenger Car
    Select Post 12
    Sheffield
    S97 3ZU

0 0 0

9. Re: Dealer refuses to give courtesy car 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boo69 View Post
    Firslty, I'm new to this site. Hence this may be in the wrong place, so I apologise in advance!

I have had a nightmare with my local VW workshop who "fixed" my car after a minor bump. I collected the car, they gave me the keys and left to search for it in the car park. I thought I'd just have a look under the bonnet to check new bumper, headlights etc fitted as on the original quote. All looked great, dropped the bonnet, only for it to bounce back up at me. The catch is shot. Then discovered no bulbs in the new headlights. Yes, NONE. So I could have driven away, been travelling miles, strats to go dark, switch lights on - oh, no lights. How dangerous? Ended up there for another hour and ten minutes while they sorted this. Switched air con on yesterday - sounds like there's a dying cat in there somewhere. Can't even face ringing them. Want to write a letter of complaint and copy every man and his dog in. Do you have any addresses / names please? VW Customer Care have given me the below?

VW Passenger Car
    Select Post 12
    Sheffield
    S97 3ZU
    whilst i will always support a complaint, i dont think you have any grounds just yet to write a letter.

first things first... you cant moan about having to 'find' your car... its a reasonable request and i wouldnt have an issue with it (i am the most complaining customer on god's earth).

second... the lightbulbs - fair play to the garage, they repaired it without any argument for you - you cant say fairer than that.

in regards to the air con. you cant write a letter of complaint, because you havent even told the garage, you need to at least give them the chance to rectify the fault. if they then refuse to fix it THEN you have grounds to complain mate

the trouble is, if you complain too early, they will be a lot more awkward than usual.....

keep us updated

0 0 0

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345