1. Question Alarm Problems a4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, Can anyone help me, I have an Audi A4 1996 model. It has no remote central locking so assume there is no alarm. There is some sort of anti theft devise which i think is an Imobiliser, when i lock the doors the indictators flash to show it is activated.

There is also a red light constantly on when i lock the car, this is located near the hazard lights.

My questions are:
    *Is this an alarm or an imobilser?
    *Audi say the horn should sound when locking as well as indicators flashing, but no horn sounds and it does work when pressing it?
    *If it is an imobiliser, i have tried to lock the door and someone with a spare key inside has tried starting it and it just starts?
    * if it is an alarm, i have locked someone in and they have made lots of noise and nothing has happened?

Dont want to spend loads, but if I cants get it working will need to buy new one...

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If the indicators flash once when you lock the front doors or boot, this is your factory alarm arming. They should flash Twice when you unlock.

If your horn is not 'honking' once when you lock the car, it is possible that a previous owner has turned off some of the central locking options with vag-com etc.

Has the car had a new radio or central locking vacuum pump fitted?

The ultrasonic sensors become active 30 seconds after locking the car.

The red light in the rear fog switch will flash rapidly for 30 secs, then flash slowly when the interior ultrasonics are on.

The red light will stay on unblinking for at least 30 secs if the senors are turned off.

There should be a button at the bottom of the drivers side 'B' pillar to turn on/off the ultrasonic sensors.

If you dont have remote locking, i would invest £25 in a 'keyless entry' kit or alarm off ebay, you can get a 3 button flip key version that has better range than Audi's own system.

The immobiliser system only works on the ignition, and decides whether the engine runs or not.

The central locking options that can be enabled/disabled with vag-com are:

+64 Windows up, sunroof close, and windows down with remote.
    -04 One touch unlock of all 4 doors and trunk
    -1024 Remove horn honk when arming
    +32 Auto lock/unlock of doors (Doors lock at 15 mph and unlock when key is removed)

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply, i have now go the alarm working, the only thing is the internal sensors are not working, i have pressed the buttom by side of drivers seat but its not working, I know this as locked my wife in the car for 10 min. is ir possible that the sensors were removed.

Also wanted to ask, you can get remote locking installed, or can get new alarm which inc remote with fobs etc. are the ones on ebay ok, very cheap..

Thanks for all your help, i can rest easy now that it works ok.

Nathan

0 0 0

4. Smile  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does the red light on the dash flash at all after locking the car, even after pressing the ultrasonic on/off switch?

If you want to test the sensors by locking someone inside the car, they must sit very very still (preferably hold breath untill the light blinks slowly).

If movement is detected inside the car during the 30 second arming period the ultrasonic sensor will be deactivated, even though the light still blinks.

The sensors are behind the four slits at either side of the top 'B' pillar.

On a pre-97 with factory alarm and 'central locking' you should have the interior sensor, but it is possible that your car does not have it.

I retrofitted the Audi 'Keyless entry' system into my 97 A4, but the range is very poor, apparently by design.

I ended up fitting one of these: (remote flip key looks a bit more like a VW than Audi, but works very well)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=75329

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks, rather than gettign a new alarm i though might just get a remote system, would you know if i could plug a audi receiver into the central locking device, may be able to find one at breakers etc. Maplin do them but would like an udi key?

Thanks

0 0 0