1. My fuel economy is sh$te... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My fuel economy is sh$te to say the least...
    Having had my car for just over 2 months now and with 1400 miles on the clock i'm getting between 19 and 21 to the gallon. This is mostly town driving. The book says 30 MPG on urban driving. I had expected to get less than the book for the first few months, but this is unbelievable.
    For the record my car is a 2.0TSFI Quattro and has the S Tronic gearbox.
    What are getting from yours...

Cheers

Martin
    Gone... A4 S Line 2.0T Quattro S Tronic Plus Options. Here... A5 S Line Special Edition 2.0TDI Quattro Manual With HDD Tech Pack...

0 0 0

2. Re: My fuel economy is sh$te... 
    B19RAK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 73kingstonroad View Post
    Having had my car for just over 2 months now and with 1400 miles on the clock i'm getting between 19 and 21 to the gallon. This is mostly town driving. The book says 30 MPG on urban driving. I had expected to get less than the book for the first few months, but this is unbelievable.

Cheers

Martin
    My 143tdi multi is sh*te too, i've got the lightest right foot and even on the motorway i can't get better then 42mpg, the petrol 308 i had on loan was miles better then this. so was my 330cd which would do 50mpg no problem. 4k now on the clock btw.

0 0 0

3. Re: My fuel economy is sh$te... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A true 48.9mpg (DIS is about 8% optimistic) after 2000 miles with quite a lot of motorway - 2.0D 143bhp FWD Manual
    A4 (B8) 2010MY - 2.0TDi 143 SE Executive Avant; Sphere Blue Metallic, Audi Music Interface, Electric Lumbar Support, Heated Front Seats, Interior Light Pack.
    Now: Octavia Mk3 2.0TDi Elegance Combi, Steel Grey, Full Ivory Leather, Columbus 8" SatNav, Winter Pack, KESSY

0 0 0

4. Re: My fuel economy is sh$te... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    We only put just over 2k on the 2.0T FWD and that was averaging about 26-28.

On the new 2.0T q and only a couple of hundred miles I've noticed it's about 21. If it loosens up to 24-26 then that'll be ok but it shouldn't go below 20 and I think if I pushed at the moment it would. My 4.2 S4 (tuned to 390bhp) would average 18mpg so perhaps it wasn't so bad!
    MY2010 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI quattro S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 19" alloys, Full Leather, B & O, 3G Tech Pack, Adaptive Lights, Dynamic Susp, Folding Mirrors, Power tailgate, Storage/Light Packs, Parking Plus, Heated Seats, Rear Blinds, Load Rails, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS, Load Liner

Gone : 09 A4 Avant, B6 S4, TT, Golf GTi...and the rest are embarassing!

0 0 0

5. Re: My fuel economy is sh$te... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    391 mile run to Angelsey and back yesterday and managed 49.5mpg on dis, although when in Wales I was sticking to the speed limits but did notice the sat nav is not up to date for some of the road changes on the A55
    Current- V10 RS6 Avant. Daytona de-badged.
    Gone but not forgotten....B6 S4 Avant, Avus silver, miltek, de badged.

0 0 0

6. Re: My fuel economy is sh$te... 
    B19RAK Guest
    Surely the multitronic is not 8mpg worse then the manual.

0 0 0

7. Re: My fuel economy is sh$te... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    My 2.0TDI manual B7 was only good for low 40's for the first 5-10,000 miles and then it did start to improve on runs although never good around town.

If I manage this out of an auto 143PS I will be a very happy chap.

The 2.0T q i had on demo, driving like miss daisy I could only managed 26.

Wifeys ED30 GTI ranges from 18-38mpg depending on trip and how the loud ped is being pressed.

I think new engines especially oil burners are very tight and do take time to 'loosen up'.

BMW lumps...........IMO they do stick better engines in the front (oil burners I am only commenting about), but the engine is not sum total of all the parts.

If I was buying an oil burner for the engine alone it would be BMW all the time, but its not.
    The whole package.........its no contest...

Don't hang up the economy....enjoy the whole experience.

ta..........I'll get my coat......
    HIS - XC90 D5 R Design (sorry, had to be done)
    TOY - 2001 Westfield 2.1 SEW,172bhp SOLD TO MY BROTHER, I needed a PANERAI.
    HERS - 'R' New 7spd DSG and 310 rampant ones. 4.2 off the mark will do nicely

0 0 0

8. Re: My fuel economy is sh$te... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cheers

Martin

Martin,

Same car as you, I drive it mainly in S mode, sometimes in D, and occasionally in M

I get about 21mpg in D/M and about 20 in S

FYI, 5000 miles done

Kav

(it is worse than I thought, but the upside is that S mode is a lot more fun, and not that much more fuel inefficient)

0 0 0

9. Re: My fuel economy is sh$te... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Martin, average over the 7600 miles I have done is 26.6 on the DIS. Around town I get somewhere between 20 and 26. On a motorway trip I get around 34, with the best I have got was 43 and that was sitting at 70 for 110 miles.

I know the DIS is probably optimistic so I have signed up with www.spritmonitor.de which will gie ou the true mpg. I know you can work this out, but I can't be bothered!
    Glacier White B8 Black Edition 2.0T Fsi quattro stronic - Advanced Key, Nappa Leather, Electric Folding Mirrors, Interior Light pack

0 0 0

10. Re: My fuel economy is sh$te... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Spritmonitor is good- you can see my avg. mpg for the last two months below in my signature for a B7 2.0TFSI
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast