1. Question Electric windows 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi can aneyone help with a problem on my VW Sharan. A few monthe ago the rear off-side electric window started to become intermittent and now the drivers window has just stoped working. On the near side both windows are working fine. Both faulty windows are stuck closed fortunately. When I operate the drivers closing switch I get a double click from inside the door when the unit trips out as the window is already closed. but nothing when I try to open the window. This would prove to me that power is getting to the unit and on checking fuse 2 that is still intact. Dose anyone know if there is a commom fault linking the two problems or where I can get hold of a circuit diagram to investigate further. Many thanks for any help offered.
    Last edited by Rick Jay; 20-04-2007 at 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it used to work on the OLDER sharans lock the drivers door with the key but hold it in the lock position all windows should go up, the same works if you unlock the car with the key held it in the unlock position all windows will drop ! its a courtesy feature i think

0 0 0

3. electric windows 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Denz. I have tried that method with the key and they all used to go down together, which is however a great way of cooling down the car quickly. But since the fault only the near side windows respond by going up and down as they should.

0 0 0

4. Re: Electric windows 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Denz your a geniouse, My drivers side window was stuck down and in this rain thats not good. Tried the key trick and it worked. Woohoo. Heres a question though if the swith won't operate the window up but holding the key locking the doors does, does that mean it is the switch thats broken?

0 0 0

5. Re: Electric windows 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    Denz your a geniouse, My drivers side window was stuck down and in this rain thats not good. Tried the key trick and it worked. Woohoo. Heres a question though if the swith won't operate the window up but holding the key locking the doors does, does that mean it is the switch thats broken?
    yeah it does points to the switch for the sake of £10-£15 or so stick one in ,if it still doesnt fix it u may have wiring problems best of luck

0 0 0

6. Re: Electric windows 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all

I have a VW Sharan 2004 model. The drivers side window is stuck down. When I try the switch the hazard wrning lights flash! any ideas??
    Many thanks
    Paul.

0 0 0

7. Re: Electric windows 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly the problem I ams earching for, to help a friend with his 54-reg Sharan. Driver's window switch sets the hazards going. He told me this morning that the heated rear window switch set the hazards off last night...

...hoping there's and answer on here somewhere.

0 0 0

8. Re: Electric windows 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    + 1
    My 55-reg sharan has this fault (luckly stuck closed)
    any ideas anyone?

0 0 0

9. Re: Electric windows 
    Dizzydave Guest
    Same problem here, 1998 Sharan Tdi the passenger side window stopped working a few months ago, now the drivers side has stopped. Both stuck closed. Wiring and switches tested and working OK.

Thing is, according to the Haynes manual you have to lower the window to gain access to the fixings for the winder assembly, but how are you supposed to lower the window when its stuck shut?

Is there any way of fitting a manual winder instead?

0 0 0