Notices

User Tag List

Thread: I've done about 2500 miles...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. I've done about 2500 miles... 
    Nightowl4933 Guest
    ...and on my way to Salisbury this morning, on the Devizes Road, I had a stone thrown up and it's given me a flippin' chip on the bonnet, another on the off-side front wing, and a chip in the windscreen

And it only came out of the dealer to polish out some small scratches yesterday.

Boy, am I ****** off!

0 0 0

2. Re: I've done about 2500 miles... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear that. It seems that however careful you are with a car, something always happens. You'll get it sorted, so don't worry too much.
    Golf VI GT TSI 1.4 160PS, 18" Vancouver alloys, air conditioning '2Zone', luxury pack, winter pack, RCD 510 with Dynaudio, parking sensors

0 0 0

3. Re: I've done about 2500 miles... 
    Nightowl4933 Guest
    Thanks for that - a sympathetic shoulder

Now, whrere's the Yellow Pages...

0 0 0

4. Re: I've done about 2500 miles... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Golf VI GT TSI 1.4 160PS, 18" Vancouver alloys, air conditioning '2Zone', luxury pack, winter pack, RCD 510 with Dynaudio, parking sensors

0 0 0

5. Re: I've done about 2500 miles... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nightowl, sorry to hear about the unfortunate happening. I had a similar discovery today as I decided to wash the car. On the bonnet are three small chips all in a row as if something has been dropped on it. I am quite sure that they have not appeared in the week I have owned the car so can only assume it was damage that I did not see in the bright sunshine during the inspection. Its a silver car which makes it very difficult to see in the sunlight. I wonder if it was caused by the experts in VW when they had it in the garage adding the towbar, or maybe a little test run in my car before I picked it up, as it had 24 miles on the clock! Wonder what mileage has been on other cars when the owner picks them up?

0 0 0

6. Re: I've done about 2500 miles... 
    Nightowl4933 Guest
    Thanks for your sympathies, guys!

I've just noticed the work VW did on the scratches I told you about, isn't as good as it should be - they're still visible. This means (because I am a difficult customer to please) it will be back on their forecourt on Tuesday morning! Maybe I can persuade them to do the chip, as well?

I'll let you know...

Pete

0 0 0

7. Re: I've done about 2500 miles... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama978 View Post
    Nightowl, sorry to hear about the unfortunate happening. I had a similar discovery today as I decided to wash the car. On the bonnet are three small chips all in a row as if something has been dropped on it. I am quite sure that they have not appeared in the week I have owned the car so can only assume it was damage that I did not see in the bright sunshine during the inspection. Its a silver car which makes it very difficult to see in the sunlight. I wonder if it was caused by the experts in VW when they had it in the garage adding the towbar, or maybe a little test run in my car before I picked it up, as it had 24 miles on the clock! Wonder what mileage has been on other cars when the owner picks them up?
    If interested - mine had 8 miles on the clock when I picked her up.

0 0 0

8. Re: I've done about 2500 miles... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my new polo done 18 miles on pick up, but i think VW is considering anything below 100 miles as new car with acceptable mileage !!

0 0 0

9. Re: I've done about 2500 miles... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How do these cars clock up any mileage considering they come by boat then transporter to the garages?
    I can understand a couple of miles but over 20??

0 0 0

10. Re: I've done about 2500 miles... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I went to have a look at my car last tuesday (25th of august) and it had done 8 miles. i wonder what the mileage will be when i pick it up on september 1st and if it is more i will be interested to find out why.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast