1. A4 choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I have just become a member and I am already finding the posts very interesting and helpful but I need help !!
    I have just sold my A4 130 Tdi sport,I loved this car --- too much said my wife.
    Anyway it was time for a change but heres my dilema, I want another A4 but what one do I go for. I am torn between an SE and the S line.
    I know it will be 2ltr and Diesel.
    I have seen an SE with the full bodykit in Lava grey with 19" wheels and it looked really the business but the S line looks a better overall package for the money.
    Am I right in thinking that 19" wheels cannot be fitted to the Sline if it is 3omm lower but can to the car if it is only 20mm ?
    I seem to be settling on Lava grey as a colour, has anyone got pic's with one with a black optic kit.
    All suggestions and views appreciated and I do have more questions but this will do for starters, thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To me the S Line looks a much better car, it is recognisable and has enough to set it out from the crowd. For me it would be S line every time, no question! I love the LEDs both front and rear.

Originally it was only a 20mm drop with the 19" wheels, but I am not sure if this is still the case. the 20mm drop and 19's still looks the business and is not too harsh a ride.
    Glacier White B8 Black Edition 2.0T Fsi quattro stronic - Advanced Key, Nappa Leather, Electric Folding Mirrors, Interior Light pack

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Did this SE with body kit you saw have the front LEDs? There are many extra features on a S Line over a SE to consider such as the extra bits of body kit, Xenon LEDs, nice half leather seats etc but if buying new it was (not sure now) almost £2.5K extra for all of that. You may prefer to save the money or spend that on extras for the SE that you actually want.

It is not possible to get 19inch with 30mm drop. Some escaped the factory with it but there was a dealer release about it rubbing when towing or something. So you can have 19s with 20mm or ask for 30mm on 18s.

The harder suspension together with 19s might be to much for some. Only you can decide on ride over looks.

Welcome by the way!
    Aruba Blue B8 S Line 1.8T 160bhp,Piano Black Inlays, Black Stitching, 30mm S Line Drop

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes.. welcome

If you get an SE my Sline will look better than yours... Can you live with that?

0 0 0

5. Re: A4 choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    S line.

My concise answer for the day.
    Cheers, Hippo
    A4 2.0 TDI 150ps Black Edition (B&O, AMI, flat-bottomed steering wheel), alcantara, heated front seats, PQ6 wheels, technology package, Audi Connect, advanced key, interior light pack, folding and dimming mirrors, parking system advanced, TPMS

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can see that the Sline gets the thumbs up, thanks everybody.
    Any comments on tyre size 19" look the business but what about road noise and the general way the car rides and handles.
    Does anybody know any site where I can see the complete range of audi wheels. Audi site does not seem very comprehensive.
    Has anybody any pics of lava grey finish with black optic finish

0 0 0

7. Re: A4 choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I spent almost 4 years with an A4 Sport (prior to S line) and the ride could be pretty bad sometimes - quite jarring. One of my major concerns before plumping for an S line this time was the ride... many reassurances came my way that it was much better - but adding 19" might make that more like what I remember.

Hence I stuck with the stock S line wheels. When I get it - a week from now - I hope to judge the ride and make a few comments on the forum.

19" does look good, though.

I would hope the brochure had the complete range, but even then I think that there are some that don't have pictures.
    Cheers, Hippo
    A4 2.0 TDI 150ps Black Edition (B&O, AMI, flat-bottomed steering wheel), alcantara, heated front seats, PQ6 wheels, technology package, Audi Connect, advanced key, interior light pack, folding and dimming mirrors, parking system advanced, TPMS

0 0 0

8. Re: A4 choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have sline avant with 19's. The ride is just fine..... No complaints from the mrs anyway. Previously had b8 sline on stock wheels, again... no problem with the ride.

0 0 0

9. Re: A4 choice 
    B19RAK Guest
    Here is my Lava Grey with 19"s 20mm sport suspension

1 0 0

10. Re: A4 choice 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted