Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First off....Hi to you all, newbie signing in

I have my eye on Passat estate: 2.0 SE 130, 2003. This is to replace my old trusty old Passat of some 10 years.

When looking over the 'new' car with the salesman I found that although the central locking seemed to work ok remotely, if I used the key itself only the drivers door and the tailgate opened. The salesman seemed a bit confused and then decided it was a security feature.

On my Passat all doors work from the key as the remote system packed up years ago.

I'm going back to have another look tomorrow. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Thanks in advance,
    Dave

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you push the open button twice within about a second it should open the rest of the car.
    Alan

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dave, welcome aboard.

It could be something as simple as coding within the car's ECU.

It's a simple job and should take the dealership less than 10 minutes to sort it out. They could also complete a full fault code scan for your reassurance too.

Mine is coded to open all the doors with one press of unlock but there are lots of other possible options.

Good luck

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mycarsavw View Post
    Dave, welcome aboard.

It could be something as simple as coding within the car's ECU.

It's a simple job and should take the dealership less than 10 minutes to sort it out. They could also complete a full fault code scan for your reassurance too.

Mine is coded to open all the doors with one press of unlock but there are lots of other possible options.

Good luck
    Seems to be the coding option...all seems well with the locks. Thanks Sam!
    Things have certainly changed a wee bit since I bought my last Passat

Cheers,
    Dave

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine unlocks the drivers door with the first press, and the rest with the 2nd.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave40 View Post
    When looking over the 'new' car with the salesman I found that although the central locking seemed to work ok remotely, if I used the key itself only the drivers door and the tailgate opened. The salesman seemed a bit confused and then decided it was a security feature.
    Welcome Dave, it looks like your query has been answered, however I read it as you actually inserting the key into the drivers lock and turning it. If that is what you meant then I am going to try this tomorrow and check what it does as I have never tried it!! I am sure on a past hire car (forget the make and model) you had to turn it twice to unlock all doors.

I agree with all said about using the unlock button on the key, one press for drivers and two for all.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
    Welcome Dave, it looks like your query has been answered, however I read it as you actually inserting the key into the drivers lock and turning it. If that is what you meant then I am going to try this tomorrow and check what it does as I have never tried it!! I am sure on a past hire car (forget the make and model) you had to turn it twice to unlock all doors.

I agree with all said about using the unlock button on the key, one press for drivers and two for all.
    Hi MalcQV,
    You read it correctly, I was referring to inserting the key. I haven't tried turning it twice as yet though but all seems ok. The remote works just as you and Kaiser describe.
    The remote on my previous Passat packed up some years ago and I just got into the habbit of physically locking with a key. I guess my antiquated technique threw the sales guy off guard a little .

Cheers,
    Dave

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Checked mine this morning. One turn of the key unlocks the drivers door, two turns all the doors

I then did the same to lock them and pressed the button on the fob to unlock again and the alarm went off
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I too tried this on mine this weekend.

Key in the door, one turn, all doors unlock.

This points at coding

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Think yourself lucky you don't have a late VW, they only unlock the door/boot nearest to you!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast