Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi from a noob

got back to Audi ownership after 6 years absence in January and still feels good. Previously had to sell my beloved Ur-Quattro 20v when made unemployed so now with 2 kids settled for a 2002 A4 3.0 SE Quattro which has everthing I need, well apart from folding rear seat and 4.2 V8

I ain't keen on the standard 16 inch alloys so considering 18 or 19 inch RS4 or RS6 style. Are there any problems with clearance or spacers being required and also any photos of A4's with 19 inch alloys.

Beastman

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've got 18" rs4 wheels on my A4 avant, looks great, but i think it could do with being lowered a touch, but i cant make my mind up about the compromise in ride quality it will create

before

after

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh i'd say go for 19's, looking at some RS4 replica's myself and it only makes sense to go for the 19's to fill the arches properly. If you've got 18's you'll have more of a visual gap as per the Avant above and will have to consider ride over style as to whether to lower the suspension. Go with 19's it'll be cheaper than 18's and then new suspension 2 weeks later!!
    '53 Smart Roadster Coupe - So much fun, so little cost to run!!

'03 Kawasaki ZX6R B1H - Currently off the road due to binning it on the M1!

'02 A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Gone but missed daily!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought my audi a few weeks ago which came with 235/35/19" RS6 wheels (I think).

Pics in thread link below:

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ht=desdesigner

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desdesigner View Post
    I bought my audi a few weeks ago which came with 235/35/19" RS6 wheels (I think).

Pics in thread link below:

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ht=desdesigner
    Mmmm 19s DO look nice and mine is silver too so where is my credit card.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here is mine with 18" RS4's if you are doing over 14K miles a year don't got for 19" unless it is all motorway drivin!!

0 0 0

MrW Guest
    18s with standard sports suspension - plenty low enough

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrW View Post
    18s with standard sports suspension - plenty low enough

I think the fact that you've got a kit on makes the difference. Where'd you get it from if you dont mind me asking?
    2001 Audi 1.8T 163 Quattro SE

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its the vortex kit i think. Thinking of getting this myself...once i fixed up the aude car.

-Desdesigner

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got 19" rs4 replicas on my sport estate and i've lowered it on eibach springs with no problems what so ever.
    Attached Images

0 0 0