1. Audi A6 Alarm problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have been having intermittent alarms on my a6 for some time. A friend has put my car on his VAG-COM which returned the following faults:>
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 35: Centr. Locks Labels: 4B0-962-258.lbl
    Part No: 4B0 962 258 H
    Component: Central Lock/Alarm D33
    Coding: 04814
    Shop #: WSC 02325
    2 Faults Found:
    01370 - Alarm triggered by Interior Monitoring
    35-00 - -
    01560 - Passenger Door
    61-00 - Won't De-Safe
    Address 45: Inter. Monitor Labels: 4B0-951-173.lbl
    Part No: 4B0 951 173
    Component: Innenraumueberw. D03
    Coding: 00002
    Shop #: WSC 00056
    2 Faults Found:
    01403 - Glass-Break Sensors; Rear
    36-10 - Open Circuit - Intermittent
    01384 - Alarm triggered by Glass Breakage Sensor
    35-00 - -
    How can I either disable the alarm module or interior monitoring module so that the alarm does not operate.

I thank anyone in advance for helping me sort this problem.

Thanks,
    Benn.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 Alarm problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Do you have buttons on the drivers "B" piller on in the door pocket, if so one of these will disable the int. sensors.
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

1 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 Alarm problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have used the button and the alarm still goes off, I wondered if there was a way in VAGCOM to make the car think it is not equiped with an alarm.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 Alarm problems 
    jaffa-number-1 Guest
    Hi Spotty Frog

Have you got the alarm sorted yet.

My A6 avant is doing exactly the same as your A6, same codes etc.

thanks,

Jaffa-Number-1

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 Alarm problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Jaffa,

Im sorry, I never got the alarm sorted.

I have sold the car now.

Thanks.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 Alarm problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi,
    yep me too, driving me replaced siren already, as original was knacked.. infamous battery leakage all over PCB! new siren completely different in design.. PART # 8L0 951 605 A .... cost ~£100 ******* rip-off !

Anway got these codes after clearing / reseting etc.

Coding: 05870
    VCID: 2E5C8307C07F

1 Fault Found:

35-00 - -

VCID: E0C0AD3F4A2B

1 Fault Found:
    35-00 - -

alarm constantly going off after ~5mins after arming, even after disabling interior sensors.. doubt the actual sensors are faulty, more likely Wiring/Connectors from/to Ultrasonic Sensor Control Module, as per
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01370

apparently, this is near the "alarm logo" in that corner behind the cloth trim of the pillar.. i'll let you know how i get on, or if any of you have any advice / experience please let us know..!

thanks

0 0 0

7. Unhappy Re: Audi A6 Alarm problems 
    jaffa-number-1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by v12bug View Post
    hi,
    yep me too, driving me replaced siren already, as original was knacked.. infamous battery leakage all over PCB! new siren completely different in design.. PART # 8L0 951 605 A .... cost ~£100 ******* rip-off !

Anway got these codes after clearing / reseting etc.

Coding: 05870
    VCID: 2E5C8307C07F

1 Fault Found:

35-00 - -

VCID: E0C0AD3F4A2B

1 Fault Found:
    35-00 - -

alarm constantly going off after ~5mins after arming, even after disabling interior sensors.. doubt the actual sensors are faulty, more likely Wiring/Connectors from/to Ultrasonic Sensor Control Module, as per
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01370

apparently, this is near the "alarm logo" in that corner behind the cloth trim of the pillar.. i'll let you know how i get on, or if any of you have any advice / experience please let us know..!

thanks
    Can you advise where the siren is situated and where the interior sensors are fitted. I have two Audi's and they have cost me over £1500 this year so far so I am trying to fix this without a visit to the Dealer
    Thanks

0 0 0

8. Thumbs up Re: Audi A6 Alarm problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well guys, after sweating me ***** off in the nice weather we had yesterday , it's all RESOLVED!

ok, we'll start from the beginning..

Issue # 1. Siren gradually but surely started getting lower and lower and lower, till it stopped 'beeping'.

Issue # 2. Siren / Lights would flash after arming vehicle, around ~5mins later.

VAG-Com Codes as above.

1. ok, a new siren was ordered as mentioned above, couldn't repair the old one, as siren back-up batteries had leaked all over PCB. very common on Audi's. Thankfully, they seem to have updated the old design, as the newer one looks completely different. The siren is located in the rear right (uk drivers side) luggage area, behind the 'flap' in the boot. Mine is a 2000 A6 Avant, but I am guessing it's the same location for most Audi's. You have to take a good look, preferably with the aid of a torch, as it's really tucked away in the bottom of that area. Replacing the siren unit, is fairly straight forward. It's mounted with a single bolt and bracket. NOTE. the newer siren has a larger mounting bolt, so you will either have to drill out a larger hole in the existing bracket (what I did, but a bit of a pita) or order the newer mounting bracket + bolt ~£8.50 along with the new siren. I had to remove my factory Bose Amplifier (bolted onto the Bose sub) to make access possible. You may or may not need to do this if you don't have the Bose factory option. Use a spanner to remove the bolt and unmount/mount the siren, along with bracket, connect wiring loom & test.

After swap, my alarm started beeping / chirping again on arming.

2. The vag-com error 01384, due to issue 2 was a good indication that there was an open circuit in the wiring or connection for the Glass Breakage Sensors. In the Avant, maybe the saloons also?, there are two 'Glass Breakage Sensors' one in each rear quarter glass panel, just beneath the 'Alarm' logo on the glass. Basically, there are two solder joints, very close to one another, on the glass panel, with an embedded wire going around the glass to form the basis for the glass breakage circuit.
    ok, firstly you have to remove both the side boot trim panels. There are 2 screws each side where the load cover fits, remove them, then remove the load net clips at the rear, towards the tailgate, again held in with 2 screws. You will also need to remove the pegs that the rear seat backs clip onto, you will need a 17mm DEEP socket or a heavily cranked ring spanner. Lastly remove the black seat belt plastic moulds, these just prise up and out.
    Then the side boot trim panels are held in by just 2 metal 'clips', carefully but firmly pull 'out' the entire panel. Might require a little force but do it moving it toward you. Don't forget to disconnect the 12v 'cigarette lighter' suppy on the left panel!
    Once you have removed these, you will be able to see 2 'white' wires leading to the the 'black' glass breakage sensor wires via a connector block. You may have to prise the cloth trim panel of the pillar to see where they are soldered onto the glass panel. Do a 'Continuity' test using a multimeter along the whole series of connectors / wires. I found my left glass panel connector / wires to be fine, but my right glass panel had a break between the actual glass soldered joints, meaning the circuit was broken within the glass panel somewhere!

So for now, all I have done is dis-connected the connector on the block and have shorted the two sides, to complete the circuit. The only downside is that the rear right glass panel isn't protected anymore, but to be honest, it doesn't really matter as you still have your interior motion sensors operational. Otherwise, I may have had to fork out for a new rear quarter panel..

Anyway, hope i have made it clear enough.. and i hope this helps others who have had similiar issues. Audi wanted £120+ vat / hour to diagnose / fix... so save yourself some beer money and DIY !

Any questions, feel free..

btw. some good links to assist, in case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuity_test

http://a6-bumper-removal.blogspot.co...1_archive.html

cheers

3 1 0

9. Re: Audi A6 Alarm problems 
    jaffa-number-1 Guest
    Well Done and good report, I am sure it will help others.
    I should not tempt fate so soon but having spent a good hour or so on several WEB sites yesterday on this very subject i resorted to the low cost method and hit all five door locks with WD40.
    I drenched them all with the aid of the good old little red tube, operating the lock whilst the door was open, clearing any muck from the surrounding area.
    I opened and closed the doors several times and operated the locks vigorously.

and we have had approx 30 hours of silence, which is good, really good.

So this is another option for some to try.

1 0 0

10. Thumbs up Re: Audi A6 Alarm problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks,
    ... very strangely enough, I did exactly the same thing also yesterday, after fixing the glass breakage sensors. some of the locks were getting a bit 'stiff' and was becoming noticable, so out came some oil & good ol WD40. Hit all the locks around the car, locking / closing / locking / closing etc.

now locks operate smoothly.. I should also mention, last year I replaced the drivers side lock mechasim, as Audi door contact switches suffer from becoming sticky / dirty not operating properly over time. This can also trigger off the alarm, as the vehicle thinks the door is open, when it's really closed!
    it will generate vag-com error code, something like this:

================================
    Address 35: Centr. Locks
    Control Module Part Number: 4B0 962 258 H
    Component and/or Version: Central Lock/Alarm D33
    Software Coding: 05870
    Work Shop Code: WSC 02325
    6 Faults Found:
    01371 - Alarm triggered by Door Contact Switch; Driver's Side
    35-00 - -
    01374 - Alarm triggered by Terminal 15
    35-00 - -
    35-00 - -
    01369 - Alarm triggered by Hood Switch
    35-00 - -
    01557 - Contact Switch in Locking Cyl; Driver Side; Open (F241)
    29-10 - Short to Ground - Intermittent
    01559 - Drivers Door
    60-00 - Won't Safe

that time I replaced the driver's side door latch (which contains the contact micro-switch) to the tune of ~£100 from the dealer! Fixed in the new lock, cleared codes, and all was well again.

0 0 0