Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Well, someone had to post the first thread!

1. Well, someone had to post the first thread! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We have a new addition to our VAG family - I've just bought a 2001 Octavia 2.0 Elegance for the missus, £2,700 with 58k and a full service history.

Seems like good value compared to my 2001 Passat 130PD SE, which cost me £6,200 with the same mileage two years ago!

She got an average of 40mpg on the run home [the seller was 250 miles away]. I only got 6mpg more from the Passat. To my dismay, the Octy also handles much better better and the dash doesn't creak!

It will be interesting to run the two side by side and compare running and service costs over the next couple of years...

Cheers,

Guy

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Good luck with the new purchase, the octavia is baised on the golf floorpan even though its more passat size. I would say it lighter.

Great car though, I almost baught one as i was after a VAG group car with 4 doors and a 1.9tdi...lucky for me an audi turned up at the right price.

I do like the octavia though...I drove my brother in laws new 2.0 FSI Vrs last year and that was out of this world

Rob

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, Rob

Time will tell....

0 0 0

Exmouth, Devon, UK. Drives Bonkers Fabia Diesel. Has full VCDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one. I will eventually fill the Fabia forum with details on my beast. I might save it for May 11th though.... no particular reason
    Jason - Rather mad Skoda Fabia driver.... Odd whiff of diesel coming from him.
    260bhp Skoda Fabia TDI Dyno Run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BvjJjL7Z50
    315bhp Skoda Fabia TDI Dyno Run (2013)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOE4nbT5NGY

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Under 3k?!

Nice purchase, I'm looking at either an Octavia estate or a Superb as my next car so that price is encouraging.

I'd be interested to get an update in a few month's time.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We were a bit lucky, the car was taken as a p/x at a Kia dealership up north and they agreed to punt it out at cost as a trade sale. The sticker price was £4,100 but it had hung around for a couple of months, so I think we just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

We always buy cars from up north as it seems from Bristol down the dealers add a 20% Westcountry tax! A similar car was at a dealer in Exeter for 4k and another with an inferior spec in Plymouth for the same amount, so shop around as prices vary enormously.

Cheers

Guy

0 0 0