Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Slowly but surely we are starting to get early MQ250 DSG boxes need new clutch packs. The kit is under £400 (genuine VAG only for now) and you must do the fluid and filter so typically it is a £1K ish job PLUS the DMF's go eventually but you can get these from LUK, it makes common sense to do the two together even if they don't bear on each other as in a conventional gearbox. I drove an early 8P A3 yesterday, 2L TDI DSG, and it has terrible judder when pulling away cold, especially up an incline. It is booked in for next week.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Jerking passat when cold and slow pull away 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I don't think its related to the gearbox, when the outside temperature is lower, mine is fine. That probably explains why when i bought the car in late march it was fine, this has only started over the past month when the weather has got warmer. Today it was warm out, 22 degrees and jerked at about 1500rpm in 2nd gear under slight load, only does it once then goes away as the engine warms up I suppose

The car had a new flywheel fitted before xmas and i was told the oil and filter were changed at the same time ?

If it were a petrol engine i would describe it more like " miss fire " ?? it feels like its missing

Thanks guys

0 0 0

3. Re: Jerking passat when cold and slow pull away 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have been monitoring this for the past couple of months
    Its still doing it but not all the time, and I now feel it is the gearbox.
    I am now convinced it depends on outside temperature. When the outside temperature is cooler, it does not seem to occur. Could outside temperature affect the gearbox perhaps ?

Just to recap, when accelerating it does not occur, it only seems to happen between 1500-2000 rpm when trying to maintain a constant speed, its as if the gearbox tries to change up a gear but cant, only way i can describe it best is a sort of miss, the engine misses ??

Many thanks again !

0 0 0

4. Re: Jerking passat when cold and slow pull away 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Do you have any drive train fault codes stored?

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Jerking passat when cold and slow pull away 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    The Americans have had access to the MQ250 packs (or equivalent) for a few years now and even have an upgrade with an extra ring which is meant to improve the shift and resistance to wear. I had a loose tripod which made the downshift very clunky in the high gears but it went away when the joint was replaced. Of course the DSG must be meticulously serviced every 40k and the fluid replaced and level correctly set. Mine's at 180k at present and still behaving well.
    Mad Mitch
    VW Passat 2.0 Tdi Sport 170 BMR Engine, JPQ G/Box, DSG
    Premium Phone Kit, MFSW, Alarm Chirps, Rain Closure, Auto Close
    Emergency Braking Light Flash, Spots as DRLs. VCDS + MicroCAN, 200K Club

0 0 0

6. Re: Jerking passat when cold and slow pull away 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Do you have any drive train fault codes stored?
    I only have a basic diags tool, i will give it a check this weekend

Cheers

0 0 0

7. Re: Jerking passat when cold and slow pull away 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DMitch16 View Post
    The Americans have had access to the MQ250 packs (or equivalent) for a few years now and even have an upgrade with an extra ring which is meant to improve the shift and resistance to wear. I had a loose tripod which made the downshift very clunky in the high gears but it went away when the joint was replaced. Of course the DSG must be meticulously serviced every 40k and the fluid replaced and level correctly set. Mine's at 180k at present and still behaving well.
    Mine is not jerky when changing gears up and down, its only affected at 1500rpm approx when not under load, i do feel its the gearbox, its as if it tries to change up and cant. When accelerating its fine

I will change the oil i think

Cheers

0 0 0

8. Re: Jerking passat when cold and slow pull away 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    This is a short thread on how to reset a DSG box:
    VWVortex.com - Need Help Quick - DSG Reset Issue

This is an explanation of the DSG gearbox codes as they relate to the "02E" series of boxes:
    Identification characters, aggregate assignment, ratios (Octavia II)
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

0 0 0

9. Re: Jerking passat when cold and slow pull away 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have connected up the diags tool this morning, it’s only a VS 450 type from eBay
    No stored codes for the transmission at all

I definitely think its outside temperature related though.
    Yesterday when I set off for work in the morning it was around 18c according to the car outside temperature gauge and it did it straight away
    Returning home at night the temperature had dropped to 15c and it drove perfect
    I do not understand at all

0 0 0

10. Re: Jerking passat when cold and slow pull away 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    It sounds just like the 2004 2 litre TDI A3 we did a few weeks ago, a new clutch pack solved the problem.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast