1. Exclamation STOP! OIL PRESS STOP MOTOR - this may help some people 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it started off august 2008, the sign came on my T reg vw passat "OIL PRESS STOP MOTOR". i took it too over 10 garage, said its a common fault but nobody could sort it so i spoke to someone on this vag group, said there may be sludge in the sump. i opened the sump, there was no sludge, i changed every single filter that you can get on this car, i changed the oil, changed the oil sensors and everything related to this. i even changed the oil pump. serviced the car many many times over again but the sign just kept on coming on over and over again, atleast 3 times a month (i have done 50,000 miles since august 2008. then in feburary 2009, i just gave up. decided its just some sort of electrical fault. i just let the light come on 3 or 4 times a month. until last 3weeks it was on everyday, i start the car and 2minutes later the sign "OIL PRESS STOP MOTOR" come on... even though the car still drove like smoother than new cars, today 2nd august 2009, i came off the motorway and my car sounded like a tractor, you could hear my car entering the street. i opened the bonnet, left the car on, and its 100times louder, could make you go def. i think the pistons or the tapets are gone. it still starts and drives but is very loud and car does loose power. my question is, is this worth repairing or is this the end for my car?

i think this forum may help some people who have had this oil press problem. i was told that vw actually extended there warranty to 8year. unfortunatly i was 2years late for them to replace the engine. but i was also told those new engines still had the same oil press stop motor thing problem, some guy got vw to change engine 4times.

can anyone help me regarding my engine, if its worth repairing, what could be the problem for that loud tractor sound or is it the end for my, what used to be, a smooth and powerful, lovely to drive passat.

hope to hear from someone soon...

just to add to this, i had a problem with my windows, interior lights etc not working, i was told the convenience unit was gone etc etc. vw charge a bomb to change it so i decided to go to my a garage called "car tronics" in leicester. they charged me £70, rewired a few things, and everything works perfect. if anyone is told they need a new convenience unit like i was because of the water flood in the footwell (mine was wet, the whole box was flooded, some wires were also corroded etc)... this garage "car tronics" can help alot with this problem and get it all working for £70... vw am some other people charge £500, maybe more... since i got it fixed last year, i have had no problems... if you need more details to where this garage is, message me and i can give you the details. all i have right now is there phone number (0116 2763716)

by the way, my car is a vw passat, on a T reg, its a 1.8turbo saloon and done 181,000 on the clock.

thanks, hans.
    Last edited by hansislania; 03-08-2009 at 01:04 AM. Reason: i can also help with the convenience unit

0 0 0