1. Replacement Stop & Tail Light Bulb 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I need to replace the o/s stop & tail light bulb on my A4 Cab. Cannot accept that the car needs to be returned to the dealer for this! I have seen the guide posted for the A4 Avant, but this looks nothing like mine!

Can anyone help by pointing me to a suitable guide?

Ta.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    email me and i will send you a guide.

Ricktay@hotmail.com

RicKT

0 0 0

3. Re: Replacement Stop & Tail Light Bulb 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Having similar problem with 2007 A4 Cabriolet. Took out one screw, but rear light assembly will not separate from body (just loose on side from which I removed screw). Looks as if there's a second retaining screw somewhere in the middle. Can anyone confirm? TIA!

0 0 0

4. Re: Replacement Stop & Tail Light Bulb 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Once the screw is out it is just 2 pop in clips that hold it it comes out to the side of the car not the back if you understand if changing rear left pull it to the left if standing directly behind it and vice versa for the right they can be pretty tight in the clips

0 0 0

5. Re: Replacement Stop & Tail Light Bulb 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

0 0 0

6. Re: Replacement Stop & Tail Light Bulb 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you both for replying so quickly. I had a chance to see the pdf with the instructions, but didn't know if there were variations on design based upon model/year. I even watched a YouTube video of a guy changing the taillight with one hand, but his light came right off after removing the screw, whereas mine didn't. Guess I'll apply some force and hope for the best.

0 0 0

7. Re: Replacement Stop & Tail Light Bulb 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givingtr View Post
    Thank you both for replying so quickly. I had a chance to see the pdf with the instructions, but didn't know if there were variations on design based upon model/year. I even watched a YouTube video of a guy changing the taillight with one hand, but his light came right off after removing the screw, whereas mine didn't. Guess I'll apply some force and hope for the best.

Force it!!!!

But gentley!! I' had the same issue and no way was I sending her back to the dealer to have a bulb changed - one the screw is out you just have to bear in mind and the unit has probably not been off for a while and may stick to the car a little but it does comes on - from memory you have to push the whole unit to the side - away from the car - so if your stood at the back looking at the unit on the passenger side, place your hand on the outside and carefull push it left away from the car. Once you've cracked it you can do it all within seconds!

Good luck
    Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Convertible 200+ BHP
    See it here and let me know what you think! : https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=81930
    Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/555senna

0 0 0

8. Re: Replacement Stop & Tail Light Bulb 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK, I did it! Damn near ripped the harness off as well. Took all of 5 minutes. Got a quote for changing the bulb a couple weeks ago... $100. Shame on any dealer that rapes customers for this "service," and shame on Audi for thinking drivers are too stupid to change a light bulb.

Thank you all for the help!

0 0 0

9. Re: Replacement Stop & Tail Light Bulb 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad you got it sorted.I assume $100 is half hours labour which is quite fair as the tech who does it could be doing a far more lucrative job you cant really make much profit on a stop/tail bulb but on a head gasket repair $$$ its sad but its business.

0 0 0

10. Re: Replacement Stop & Tail Light Bulb 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, I just can't see how anyone can justify $100 for 5-10 minutes of work. It's not being done at midnight on Christmas Eve.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast