New to the scene, and have a fair grip on VAG'n my Dub. Lookin' for a bit of help determining if I have a faulty relay that's pushing FC P1857-35-10 / Load Signal Error. I've googled the topic, but many of the discussions peter-out before any real suggestions come-in.

ABS/ESP system(s) is acting a bit weird. No check engine lights are on, but the ESP control is not responding. I've cleared the codes twice, but they are persistent. Differentials can be heard locking when first moving, but ABS doesn't trip properly when slamming on the brakes...Any ideas?

I've recently had issues tripping P0102 and P0174 fault codes, and found a good amount of chatter on the subject. Went to clean the MAF while ordering a new 02 sensor (Front) sense I have nearly 100K on the engine now. (Avg. lifespan approx 100K according to manufacturer.) Found it pretty much burned-up, and installed a new one.

Car had stuttered at start-up before the O2 change, but nearly disappeared once the sensor was replaced. The car also hesitated when hitting the gas, so I tried cleaning the MAF again. I found a brand new, "low-cost" MAF through ECS (US) on-line for about $100 (which included shipping) that fit my AWM model. (This is spec'd for 1.8 Turbos...Some talk of substituting a 2.0 MAF was found by some to be a bad move...) Installed it today, and the car has nearly returned to its former glory...

If it isn't one thing, it's another...I'm getting into servicing my own car - saving the dealer's material mark-up and charging myself labor rate minus the learning curve, and am very curious about mods...Maybe we'll get to that stuff once I figure out the fixes for the major system components. I appreciate thoughts/suggestions shared, and will do my due dil to give back.

Chau!