Notices

User Tag List

Thread: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light REPLACEMENT Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
  1. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK - I almost got the end, but then could not remove the electrical connections, to remove the headlight unit. Does anyone know whether these just pull off? One is black and the other one is yellow or white (I can't quite remember. There is also a cable tie connection - can this simply be pulled off?

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Finally got around to replacing the bulb. The connectors don't need to be removed, as the whole head light unit can be pulled out far enough. I only had to pop out the cable tie.

0 0 0

3. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light REPLACEMENT Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great Guide! I had a play with a relatives UK spec B6 with a blown indicator bulb before I'd ever heard of this forum. I got there in the end, but if only I'd known about this guide I could have saved myself a lot of time.

One little tip that might help, when undoing the concealed screw on the Avant model. I put some blue tak on the tip of the screwdriver to prevent the screw from dropping and being lost forever. It worked well.

Kind Regards.

Paul.

0 0 0

4. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light REPLACEMENT Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good guide - Thank You.

It is worth noting:

I have just changed the fog light bulb on a 2004 A4 Avant. The alert on the dash came up saying "Rear Left Fog".

This should say "Rear Right" - the rear left fog light is blanked off on all of these cars - I am assuming that this is due to them being desinged as Left Hand drive and they have translated the warnings but not the location, therefore if it comes up with the alert, go for Right first, it'll save a bit of time!

0 0 0

5. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light REPLACEMENT Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr toaks View Post
    Good guide - Thank You.

It is worth noting:

I have just changed the fog light bulb on a 2004 A4 Avant. The alert on the dash came up saying "Rear Left Fog".

This should say "Rear Right" - the rear left fog light is blanked off on all of these cars - I am assuming that this is due to them being desinged as Left Hand drive and they have translated the warnings but not the location, therefore if it comes up with the alert, go for Right first, it'll save a bit of time!
    I;ve had the rear left fog warning.
    To clear the fault I cleaned all bulb contacts in both rear light units.
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

6. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light REPLACEMENT Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How weird, I had "Rear Left Fog" pop up yesterday and my first thought was "I don't have a rear left fog light." But the right one works, maybe in needs a clean up, or is on its way out!

0 0 0

7. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light REPLACEMENT Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    a4suction Guest
    I modded mine to allow for permanent driving in Europe by purchasing the rear left circuit board to make the car complete with 2 rear fogs and linked the wiring into the existing system so just be aware that others may have done this on your car if previous owners were required to do the same thing. Then the warning may have some bearing on which bulb you replace!

0 0 0

8. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light REPLACEMENT Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    Right.... as so many of you have been asking "how do i change the headlight bulbs and rear tails lights... i thought i would throw a quick guide together..

Also... the guide for the tail lights is for the avant... however from that im sure you will figure out how to do the saloon... (just open the lugs covered in carpet instead of the plastic opens..

Open and save/print the PDF to help you!

Enjoy!

Cheers

Rickt

IF YOU DONT HAVE ADOBE READER YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT FROM HERE
    Adobe - Reader download thank you

I know we've all said it before, but thanks hugely for this guide.....had the lights out yesterday and replaced blown bulbs....effortless with this doc, and without it, looking somewhat daunting...

Cheers,
    Dan.

0 0 0

9. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light REPLACEMENT Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great guide......thanks
    A4 AVANT 2.5tdi SPORT QUATTRO

0 0 0

10. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light REPLACEMENT Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a quick heads up to those who want to do this less often! Ive just finished fully testing My Korean Made LED Fogs, S25 LED stop and Tail and S25 LED turn signal. The quality is top notch. Light output is impressive and !00% compatable (error free). They are manufactured by the same company that supplies Ring Automotive I believe. Anyway Debut coming soon with substantial VWaudiforum discount watch this space at www.HIDorigin.com or contact me for more details.
    Cheers

0 0 0

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast