Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

I have a Golf Mk5 2004 GT TDi 90,000miles and it has just gone in for a service, to change manifold flap (Emissions Workshop) and to see why coolant going down quickly.

Apparently I need a new cylinder head fitted and VW will not offer any good will gesture. I can't believe the car is only 5 yrs old and need that. Ive been quoted about 1k for parts & labour. Is that about right.

Just gutted I've got to churn out that sort of cash.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or if you can help re price be good to hear from you. Many thanks.

Matt

0 0 0

2. Re: GT TDi Cylinder Head 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi,

VW will charge you a lot compared to other places...

I would expect you can get this done for around £600 if you shop around at some local garages,

Take a look at our supporting companies section.

I would expect it will cost around £60 for the head skimming and pressure testing, around £100 for the cam belt kit, (which i would change at the same time.) around £25 for the gasket, and around £15.00 in new bolts.

Where abouts are you??

Rick

0 0 0

3. Re: GT TDi Cylinder Head 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes Rick,but they told him he needs a new cyl head

0 0 0

4. Re: GT TDi Cylinder Head 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    The casting cracks but also the egr cooler can be the cause or even both.Remove and install cylinder head is about 9 hours labour and special tools are required to install the injectors although a light dink with the hammer seats them just fine i think the last one i did cost about £2000 all in
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

5. Re: GT TDi Cylinder Head 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep it is a whole new cylinder head. So 1k is looking good then?! The chap from VW even said that he's seen it happen a number of times on the 2.0 GT TDi engines, well that's nice to know. So why don't VW contribute then if its a known problem.

I'm from Saffron Walden not far from Cambridge.

Still sulking about the imminent big spend!!

0 0 0