1. Re: 1.9TDI hot starting problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A3 gone now - Audi's are a load of rubbish!! Quality my backside!

Clutches, gearbox issues, window regulators and stupid, stupid, bills...

0 0 0

2. Re: 1.9TDI hot starting problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am tending to agree with that, I also have a problem with the electric windows never mind two of the window seals being replaced for leaks.

However, I do not have much choice in keeping this car at the moment and would like to get to the bottom of this hot starting issue.

Taking the vehicle to a trusted independant garage for inspection will report back any findings.

0 0 0

3. Re: 1.9TDI hot starting problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the very particular problem as rka3. Most of VW TDI owners complain about their engine cranking over and over on hot starts. My golf MkV 2007 1.9 TDI responds immediately when turning the key (hot start), but with a terrible noise/rattle/judder/shaking and remain idle afterward.
    Recently I`ve noticed that it fires up badly (at much lower intensity) even at cold starts.
    Rka3 please do inform me about any solution you find, because there are few complaints about this particular issue. Many thanks.

0 0 0

4. Re: 1.9TDI hot starting problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It could be the engine temperature sensor or the Mass Airflow Sensor - a wrong message is being sent to the ECU regarding the engine temperature and fuel supply required.

0 0 0

5. Re: 1.9TDI hot starting problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I actually didnt get anything done with it at the time; after a few months the problem disappeared. It was always intermittent, and always when the engine was hot - generally if I was on a longish journey and after I stopped to refuel or have a coffee. It would take a few attempts to get the engine running, but it would always start - eventually. It was actually the least of the problems with this car, which I bought brand new and always had properly serviced on schedule! Skoda seem to do VAG components much better!!

0 0 0

6. Re: 1.9TDI hot starting problem 
    GnasheRRR Guest
    Hi Guys/Gals

I have a 2007 Passat estate 170TDi Sport. I have this exact hot starting problem, it is driving me nuts even though the most of the time it is ok as I drive to work then don't try to restart to later in the day. It is never a problem to start from cold. I did go in to my local VW dealer and whilst talking to a guy in there he said Oh! there is a recall on your car for an injector problem, I was up to this point unaware of that. He said it would be best to get this done first and see if I still have the starting issue. That was done 3 weeks ago now and I just got stuck tonight. I dread having to go to fuel station as almost every time without fail I'm stuck trying to get the thing to start again.

Has anyone had a positive result in tracking this issue down?

0 0 0

7. Re: 1.9TDI hot starting problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Starter motor is a known issue with hot starting problems. When cold the engine gets extra fuel and starts quicker. When hot the starter has to crank harder because not as much fuel is fed into the cylinders. If it's getting a bit tired it doesn't do this sufficiently well !

Sounds a bit far-fetched I know but trust me, a new one has cured the problem many times !

0 0 0

8. Re: 1.9TDI hot starting problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foster View Post
    Starter motor is a known issue with hot starting problems. When cold the engine gets extra fuel and starts quicker. When hot the starter has to crank harder because not as much fuel is fed into the cylinders. If it's getting a bit tired it doesn't do this sufficiently well !

Sounds a bit far-fetched I know but trust me, a new one has cured the problem many times !
    As above Starter motor all day long, many 1.9 TDIs have this fault, ive cured 4 or 5 with the same fault by changing the starter motor, my OHs 57 plate TDI turns over prob 4 times faster than mine does and mine needs a starter motor

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

9. Re: 1.9TDI hot starting problem 
    GnasheRRR Guest
    Guys, many thanks for the replies. Would you recommend I go for a genuine part of do you think a recon'd Motorcraft would be up to the job. I think I'm looking about £120-150 for a Motorcraft, probably quite a bit more for genuine VW, but would sooner spend more if it is going to cure this problem.

Value your opinion very much.

Many thanks.

0 0 0

10. Re: 1.9TDI hot starting problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Always go for OEM if you can afford it. Motorcraft maybe ok but if you tell me your engine code and gearbox type (manual, no of gears) I will check the Audi price.

Sorry mate - my mistake. This being an Audi forum I wasn't expecting a VW question under this thread heading !!

Approx £160 exchange price according to ETKA

0 0 0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast