1. Is my aircon working right? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've taken off a few bits on my 130TDI to get to the cabin filter, under the filter is the air intake. When the engine is running and the air con is on (NOT in recirc mode) the flap is closed all the time - whether it's on recirc, HI, LOW or whatever. Should it be like this? I was under the basic idea that it would be open all the time unless I pressed the recirc button.

Anyone with any idea about this?

Thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: Is my aircon working right? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not 100% sure but it sounds like the recirc flap isn't working. I would suggest removing the glovebox and checking that the recirc flap operates. You should see the flap open when the recirc button is pressed and close again when recirc is switched off. I think this is the same flap you are viewing from above which should appear to be open in normal operation. If viewed from inside the car is should normally be closed.

0 0 0

3. Re: Is my aircon working right? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll try to have a look this weekend, though when I prodded the flap from the outside, it didn't move as if it was just stuck, it felt like it was meant to be in that position?

0 0 0

4. Re: Is my aircon working right? 
    paul20v Guest
    with the pollen filter out and the recirc off you should be able to see the fan blades through the air passage where the filter covers .

0 0 0

5. Re: Is my aircon working right? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does sound like the flap is stuck in recirc mode. You shouldn't be able to move the flap manually when it is connected to the positioning motor.

0 0 0

6. Re: Is my aircon working right? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can't see the fans when the air filter is off and I don't think it's a mechanical problem as the car isn't 'trying' to open the flap because I fiddle with it and it doesn't move. When I turn the engine off though, the flap opens. This sounds weird!
    Is there a reset procedure for the air con using vag-com? (Something in addition to 'Vehicle Data Learning')

0 0 0

7. Re: Is my aircon working right? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I have an 02 Reg 130Tdi, I have previously had 3 A4's and an A6 and on they all were in the closed position when aircon was on.

I believe the when the aircon is on the normal position for the flap is closed.

Mickyboy22.

0 0 0

8. Re: Is my aircon working right? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK, thanks for that mickyboy!

0 0 0