Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Quattro S line 2.0 or 3.0 TDI ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Quattro S line 2.0 or 3.0 TDI ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I am new to the audi forum but currently looking to buy an A4 avant quattro. I have now driven both a 170bhp 2.0 TDI and a 3.0 TDI and not sure which to buy.

My concern is fuel economy of both... Have searched the forum and lots of people are posting about poor fuel economy of the 2.0 TDI, this worries me... What is the real world diffference between the 2.0 and the 3.0. I think the book figures are 42 for the 2.0 and 37 for 3.0 (2006 cars).

Both cars I tested did not have the trip computer so I could not check this out.

Any help deciding appreciated

thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Quattro S line 2.0 or 3.0 TDI ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If you are that bothered about fuel economy buy a 1.9tdi...

You would only be looking at around 40 - 50 miles per tank difference, I reckon...

Given the size of the difference I would go for the 3.0... If you don't you will *always* be wondering / wishing you had...

Click the MPG reading in my sig and then search the database for 'real-world' fuel economies.

And you'll be lucky to get any where near the official mpg!
    2007 Audi A4 2.0 TDI 140PS | S-Line | BOSE | Volterra Leather

Retrofitted | RNS-E | SDS | Bluetooth | Cruise Control | Parking Sensors | Arm Rest | DIS

1 0 0

3. Re: Quattro S line 2.0 or 3.0 TDI ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the feedback and the link.

i am not that!!! bothered as i want performance too but its all a compromise. my thinking is the same a you in that the difference is quite small and am more likely to get 40mpg ish with the 3.0 tdi

0 0 0

4. Re: Quattro S line 2.0 or 3.0 TDI ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 3.0 TDI does 30-35 round town and upto 40-42 on the motorway.

My old 2.0 TDI (chipped to 185 BHP) never did less than 50 mpg.

I wish I had kept it, it was cheaper to run, tax and insure and the 3.0 really isnt that much faster in day to day driving. In fact the 3.0 isnt that special and I have just agreed a deal to sell mine.

0 0 0

5. Re: Quattro S line 2.0 or 3.0 TDI ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 3.0 tdi tiptronic has recorded a low of 34.4 mpg and a high of 37.1 mpg over 8 tanks and 2678 miles for an average of 35.86 mpg.These are brim to brim readings not fuel computer and the longest runs being only 50 miles non stop,so mostly urban and 10 mile commutes to work.The V6 is far smoother than the 4 cylinder.If you buy one try and get all the toys you think you'd like as retro fitting can become expensive

0 0 0

6. Re: Quattro S line 2.0 or 3.0 TDI ?? 
    joe-9o Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jetbox View Post
    Hi,

I am new to the audi forum but currently looking to buy an A4 avant quattro. I have now driven both a 170bhp 2.0 TDI and a 3.0 TDI and not sure which to buy.

My concern is fuel economy of both... Have searched the forum and lots of people are posting about poor fuel economy of the 2.0 TDI, this worries me... What is the real world diffference between the 2.0 and the 3.0. I think the book figures are 42 for the 2.0 and 37 for 3.0 (2006 cars).

Both cars I tested did not have the trip computer so I could not check this out.

Any help deciding appreciated

thanks
    Hi, I have a 1.9 TDI Quattro Avant 130 Bhp, it averages round town and some minor country roads 44 MPG, you will get another 5 MPG on the motorway- great car, hope this is helpfull.

0 0 0

7. Re: Quattro S line 2.0 or 3.0 TDI ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Isaac,

was your 2.0 tdi a 170 quattro or a 2 wheel drive car?

thanks

jetbox

0 0 0

8. Re: Quattro S line 2.0 or 3.0 TDI ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have had a 08 3.0TDI S line auto, bought it 9000 miles and 5 months ago. Overall mpg since i got it is running at 43 - I don't do a lot of urban driving. Fantastic car, not massively quick but covers long distances very comfortably and quietly. Go for it, you won't regret it!!!

0 0 0

9. Re: Quattro S line 2.0 or 3.0 TDI ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jetbox View Post
    Hi Isaac,

was your 2.0 tdi a 170 quattro or a 2 wheel drive car?

thanks

jetbox

Mine was a 2.0TDI 140, Front wheel drive.

I totally regretted changing up to 3.0 TDI quattro. It costs a lot more to run, fix and insure etc etc. Dont believe the hype - its not rocket ship fast!! Yes its quicker but not by much and so what? How often do you really drive your car flat out or at speeds over 100mph?

0 0 0

10. Re: Quattro S line 2.0 or 3.0 TDI ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Issac Hunt View Post
    Mine was a 2.0TDI 140, Front wheel drive.

I totally regretted changing up to 3.0 TDI quattro. It costs a lot more to run, fix and insure etc etc. Dont believe the hype - its not rocket ship fast!! Yes its quicker but not by much and so what? How often do you really drive your car flat out or at speeds over 100mph?

The problem is I live in scotland and need a 4wd car.... I have a front drive 140 bhp diesel car now which does 50 to the gallon but need more grip in the winter.

The extra performance and engine refinement is attractive if I only loose 1 or 2 MPG.

Not much to choose from with 4wd cars...

A4 avant or legacy estate diesel??????????????????????

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast