1. Re: New Audi A5 - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We will not see them in the States until Spring 08. Does anyone have any idea of what the price range will be a5-s5?

0 0 0

2. Re: New Audi A5 - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justpanicn View Post
    We will not see them in the States until Spring 08. Does anyone have any idea of what the price range will be a5-s5?
    I used the configurator on the UK Audi site and they start off at about £32k. By the time you've added a few of life's simple pleasures, you're at about £36K, but that's for the A5 (diesel). The S5 (petrol) starts at £39,800 and I guess that's what you'll get in the States.

However, the prices will not be based on the £ Sterling, of course, but the Euro. Couple this with the fact that we British tend to pay more for everything and I would bet on that S5 costing about $68K.

0 0 0

3. Re: New Audi A5 - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary64 View Post
    Hmmm....3.2 FSi, OK....but the others? I have a 2.7tdi and it's all I want in an engine, but it's not quite what you would call sporty, like the 3.0 tdi. As for the 2 litre engines; big mistake. This car looks like an Aston for cripes sake.

Just my opinion, you understand. :-)
    Fair enough.I have the 2.0 TDi in the A6 - would have liked the 2.7TDi but used buyers tend to expect leather and sat nav on the bigger engines, which adds best part of £3k plus price differential. In the A6 the 2.0 TDi is flexible enough, but the A5 is a different animal. Audi are developing a 200bhp 2.0 TDi for the Q5, so I expect that will find it's way into the A5 too. All the small petrols, in my opinion, aren't gutsy enough. The 2.4 V6 in the A6 feels really sluggish by comparison to the 2.0 TDi, so not surprised that's not getting near the A5. The 2.7TDi going into the A5 will have around 195bhp as opposed to the A6 which is 175bhp. The 3.0 TDI is also an uprated version of the one in the A6, so I guess they're putting in engines to suit the style of car.

One thing for sure, it looks a cracking car.

0 0 0

4. Re: New Audi A5 - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu_c View Post
    looks smart
    Looks fantastic.

0 0 0

5. Re: New Audi A5 - 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowland.Stone View Post
    Looks fantastic.
    Saw one today and thought 'what the ****' is that.
    What a nice looking motor !!
    Maybe it was helped that it was driven by a gorgeous blonde (who obviously has a sugar daddy). Envy ? yeh--guess so-- I'd love a blonde like that for weekends.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12