Notices

User Tag List

Thread: List of problems......please help me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: List of problems......please help me! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    disconnecting the battery, in a simple form, it resets the vehicle, so it "could" solve the problem. and it is fairly easy to clean, depending on what you have to take off to get to it. do you know what the throttle body looks like??? and yes, redex is an injector cleaner, but there better products out there!

0 0 0

2. Re: List of problems......please help me! 
    SirMacca Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lamby89 View Post
    disconnecting the battery, in a simple form, it resets the vehicle, so it "could" solve the problem. and it is fairly easy to clean, depending on what you have to take off to get to it. do you know what the throttle body looks like??? and yes, redex is an injector cleaner, but there better products out there!
    Ok will try the battery when i get in from work the rest will have to wait til the weekend.
    Aint got a bloody clue haha.
    Wouldany of it be shown in a Haynes? Could possibly be tempted to buy one if it would help.
    Could you recommend a decent one?

Also noticed that there is a black susbstance coming from the back box whether it be oil or not i don't actually know, please tell me this aint a sign of the head gasket blowing as when i bought the car the fella said his mechanic told him it weren't that.

Thanks,
    Chris.

0 0 0

3. Re: List of problems......please help me! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol, im still like that now with some things! it would help if you didnt know what it looks like. try typing 'throttle body' into google images and comparing the pictures to your engine, if u know what i mean?? but havin a haynes manual for ur car is always handy.
    and what do u mean, 'coming from the back box'? is it smoke or is it seeping from somewhere or what? also, what colour smoke is coming from the exhaust and how much of it there???

0 0 0

4. Re: List of problems......please help me! 
    SirMacca Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lamby89 View Post
    lol, im still like that now with some things! it would help if you didnt know what it looks like. try typing 'throttle body' into google images and comparing the pictures to your engine, if u know what i mean?? but havin a haynes manual for ur car is always handy.
    and what do u mean, 'coming from the back box'? is it smoke or is it seeping from somewhere or what? also, what colour smoke is coming from the exhaust and how much of it there???
    Ok will do that cheers.
    And when revved it seeps from the exhaust :S

Erm tbh i dont know what colour I've only had it started up with me working on the inside of it haha.

0 0 0

5. Re: List of problems......please help me! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Idle problems are generally down to dirty throttle body or coolant temperature sender faulty. If you have the black coolant temp sensor i'd replace that with the later green one, as the black one's are known to die & cause idle problems.
    To clean the throttle body you need to remove it from the inlet manual, & clean it with carb cleaner. Easy job if you know what you're doing. If you don't then take it to a garage.
    google these problems & you're sure to come up with a whole bunch of how to guides
    B6 A4 Avant 1.9 TDI 130 Sport (6) Moro Blue, GMBH S Line Kit, Decatted, remapped to 165bhp, EGR delete, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy's, Full Leather, Cruise Control, Bose, Audi phone prep, Cool Glove Box, Parking Sensors, Rear privacy glass.
    Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR 3 door Lima Green.

0 0 0

6. Re: List of problems......please help me! 
    SirMacca Guest
    Cheers mate thanks for the reply

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12