Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Can I remove my phone dash mounted phone kit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Can I remove my phone dash mounted phone kit? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have recently purchased an A4 2.0 TDi on a 55 plate. It came with a bluetooth phone kit which I can't get a cradle for to match my phone.

I now just use the bluetooth on my phone and the reception is fine so I would like to remove this ugly dash mounted phone holder / charger.

My question is can I do this without upsetting the bluetooth functionallity and if so has anyone got any tips?

Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: Can I remove my phone dash mounted phone kit? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there! Well the answer is yes you can remove it and still use the bluetooth function. I had mine removed by Audi as it was not required and as you have pointed out bloody ugly as well!

0 0 0

3. Re: Can I remove my phone dash mounted phone kit? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for the reply.

What did audi do about the holes the removal of the holder presumably leaves on the dash?

0 0 0

4. Re: Can I remove my phone dash mounted phone kit? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IS this an Audi OEM fit holder like this one:

Looking at pics it looks like it is moulded into the rubber dash trim so will just be a swap for another bit of dash trim I think.
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

5. Re: Can I remove my phone dash mounted phone kit? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carsey View Post
    Cheers for the reply.

What did audi do about the holes the removal of the holder presumably leaves on the dash?
    Yes it will leave holes so they replaced the complete centre console I understand or at least the surround.

0 0 0

6. Re: Can I remove my phone dash mounted phone kit? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kodkod.84 View Post
    IS this an Audi OEM fit holder like this one:

Looking at pics it looks like it is moulded into the rubber dash trim so will just be a swap for another bit of dash trim I think.
    its not a bit of dash trim its the full consol front to back and a few hours work

0 0 0

7. Re: Can I remove my phone dash mounted phone kit? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Surely the removal of the phone kit would only leave a couple of holes.

I'm sure I could get something to cover / fill them that would look still look better than the phone charger and also give me the option of refitting it at a later date??

Has anybode done this themselves, I would guess that audi would charge a packet to do this??? I will check with my local dealer tomorrow.

0 0 0

8. Re: Can I remove my phone dash mounted phone kit? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carsey View Post
    Surely the removal of the phone kit would only leave a couple of holes.

I'm sure I could get something to cover / fill them that would look still look better than the phone charger and also give me the option of refitting it at a later date??

Has anybode done this themselves, I would guess that audi would charge a packet to do this??? I will check with my local dealer tomorrow.
    take it off get a few lil caps and trim them to fit or get a dash seat repairer to sort it i had a few holes in a cossi redone looked very good for 35 quid

0 0 0

9. Re: Can I remove my phone dash mounted phone kit? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought the bluetooth was in that bit that sticks out. I would like to get rid of it but need the phone on bluetooth.

0 0 0

10. Re: Can I remove my phone dash mounted phone kit? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wanted to take my cradle off for the same reason, when you take it off there are 2 large holes about the size of 20p. I would say it would be difficult to remove it without replacing the console trim, I have learned to live with it.
    Unauthorised commercial link removed as per forum rules

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast