Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

On my fourth Audi and concerned that they 'don't make em like they used to !'

- My Oil pump has just gone in my '55 plate' A4 at about 97,000 miles and I now know of another 6 that have gone at a similar time in various Passat's & Audi's with this 2.0ltr TDI Engine.

- Just wondered if any other forum members have suffered the same problem so that I can gauge the scale of this problem and if any one has any idea's of the best way to get the car back on the road ASAP ?

Thanks.

1 0 0

2. Re: 2.0 TDI Oil Pump BLB Engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Massive problem.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: 2.0 TDI Oil Pump BLB Engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    When I got my A4 2.0TDI (05 with 102000miles) I was checking through the service history etc, dealer said cam belt was done at 97000 (thought odd mileage to be done at) check with the dealer it had been done at, and it was a leak with the oil pump so when the oil pump was changed they did the cam belt as well

0 0 0

4. Re: 2.0 TDI Oil Pump BLB Engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGardner View Post
    Hi all,

On my fourth Audi and concerned that they 'don't make em like they used to !'

- My Oil pump has just gone in my '55 plate' A4 at about 97,000 miles and I now know of another 6 that have gone at a similar time in various Passat's & Audi's with this 2.0ltr TDI Engine.

- Just wondered if any other forum members have suffered the same problem so that I can gauge the scale of this problem and if any one has any idea's of the best way to get the car back on the road ASAP ?

Thanks.
    iv had the same on 2 tdi and a few petrol best way to get it back on the road asap is to get it fixed

0 0 0

5. Re: 2.0 TDI Oil Pump BLB Engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Had exact same thing happen to my '55' Plate A4 Avant 2.0Tdi last week, only not sure if its the BLB engine. This is my third A4 and is going to be my last due to ongoing Particulate Filter choking problem and this as a final straw.

Just reached 73k and only had combined service and timing belt + water pump replaced mid-Apr at 71k. I had maintained it religiously on Long Life Service regime at Audi (within regular oil top ups inbetween) , but now starting to think this may be root cause. Currently awaiting verdict from Audi on liability for cost.

In the meantime had an interesting chat with Consumer Direct (linked to Trading Standards Institute) on 08454 04 05 06 and their take on it was that I may have a claim back with the original garage who sold me the vehicle under the Sales of Goods Act 1979. This is on the basis that the vehicle is not of a satisfactory quality. Their website is www. consumerdirect.gov.uk.

Its worth a go

Have read some horror stories elsewhere indicating that this kind of premature failure of the oil pump has ruined engines altogether, but sounds like down to length of time engine run after warning light comes on.

0 0 0

6. Re: 2.0 TDI Oil Pump BLB Engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My B5 1.9 tdi was bomb proof. Touch wood ive had no issues with my 2.0 Tdi. Although the 2.0 does not sound as sweet as the 1.9, making the odd funny noise when cold.
    2005 Phantom Black TDI S-Line Avant

0 0 0

7. Re: 2.0 TDI Oil Pump BLB Engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my car just had the engine man. message come and loss of power, pulled over straight away and got towed to main agent garage. they say its a new engine.
    surely they build these failure safe modes (IE engine goes into limp mode) to save the engine. what is the likely hood, that a new pump can be fitted and all will be well.. Once the light on the dash came on and loss of power, i turned off the engine asap once on the hard shoulder.
    Has anyone just been able to change the pump after this has happened.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2.0 TDI Oil Pump BLB Engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Is your's a BLB engine?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: 2.0 TDI Oil Pump BLB Engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Is your's a BLB engine?
    its a 55 plate 2l tdi se estate, so i guess it is.
    Sorry I'm new to the engine model numbers

Whats the diagnosis Doctor !

Im happy to have it fixed from a smaller garage rather than someone telling me it must be a new engine no mater what.

any thoughts welcome

0 0 0

10. Re: 2.0 TDI Oil Pump BLB Engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    There are only two approaches I can see, a strip down exploratory of the bottom end by dropping off the con rod caps to see if the bearings look OK (still fit new shells though) and if they are not seriously damaged and the crank journals look OK, fit a new oil pump/balancer shaft assembly and pray it is OK or just fit a new engine.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast