1. Re: 2.0 TDI BLB Engine Oil pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its a bre engine, just had a new switch put on and a full service but the light is still coming on, its the orange light not the red any ideas?
    0 0 0

2. Re: 2.0 TDI BLB Engine Oil pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You should not suffer the same fate as us as our engines have blb engine code. But its definatley worth getting the oil pump checked.
    0 0 0

3. Re: 2.0 TDI BLB Engine Oil pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have checked another link who said it might be the sensor inthe bonnet not resetting the system so have disconected the battery and so far the light has stayed off, fingers crossed
    0 0 0

4. Re: 2.0 TDI BLB Engine Oil pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My engine code is a BRE. I know that it isn't the code that is being talked about but at the moment it stands at 2200 euro. That includes a re-conditioned turbo and an upgrade for the balance shaft. Got the parts for the shaft at an Audi garage but getting a local mechanic to fit them. Hopefully have it back on the road today after several weeks.
    0 0 0

5. Re: 2.0 TDI BLB Engine Oil pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if to be happy or sad to hear of this 'common problem'

I have a 2007 A4 2.0 Spec Ed TDI 170BHP (110k miles) I've had it from new from the dealer and just had the low oil pressure problem. I started it in the morning, drove 100 yard and the warning light came on, stopped and called Audi assist - they recovered me back to my local dealership who informed me i was three weeks out of warranty but they could look at it in two weeks time.!! I was called after two weeks for authorisation for them to spend two hours stripping the sump (at £120PH) after stripping the sump no problem was found and Audi instructed the dealers to further strip the engine. I have now been told that it needs a new balance shaft, turbo, sump and gaskets - parts plus labour £4k but due to been just out of warranty they will do it for £1.7k - now the best bit - they cannot guarantee that after this work i shall still not need a new engine

Previous problem - EGR Valve failure at 90MPH on motorway, replaced under warranty.

I would like to know others thoughts, I still owe 12k on finance for this which is the killer.

Replacing the balance shaft did not work and i am now faced with the cost of a new engine. I have a meeting with Audi next week to discuss the cost.

UPDATE. Audi have replaced the engine and all other required parts free of charge as a good will gesture, maybe due to me talking to them about buying another A4 although this was not a condition of the free replacement. On top of this the 2010 A4 Quattro provided by Audi Assist has been sat on my drive for the last 2 weeks while i've been on holiday. Maybe i should not have paid the £1700 and argued it was not my fault, Audi know about this fault DEFINATE. I now have a new full engine and turbo for £1700 in a very good condition car. What's the opinion of getting rid of this car now or keeping it for another 100k?
    Last edited by JB007; 30-08-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Update
    1 0 0

6. Re: 2.0 TDI BLB Engine Oil pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's a tough call to make!

I just coughed up 2300euro to have exactly the same work done after only buying the car in January, but my take on it is the problem appears to be happening around the hundred thousand mile mark and it will take me a long time to do another 100,000miles. So i could justify paying that amount in the hope that this problem does not occur within that time frame

I know it's not an exact answer but it justified the cost in my head!
    0 0 0

7. Re: 2.0 TDI BLB Engine Oil pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Nathan
    It sounds as if we have a great deal in common. My 5 year old, 80K miles, BLB engine fell apart, quite literally, in June when the oil pump failed. I've replaced the engine but have no intention of accepting Audi's rebuttals on all responsibility. I believe instead that a concerted programme of protest from Audi owners linked to the threat to go public based on a "fit for purpose" argument could persuade them to reconsider their responsibilities.
    Frankly there are probably hundreds if not thousands of Audi owners out there who would think twice about buying Audi again if the company was known to be welching on what should have been a recall situation.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by NathanA View Post
    Could any BLB owner who has had or is having this fault, please email me details of what has happened, costs and what Audi/dealership has said.

I am compiling information on as many cases as I can lay my hands on to try and tackle Audi over this. I may not get anywhere but I can try.

Email: nathan dot mailing at ntlworld dot com

A thread over on audi-sport.net is being updated as and when I get more info.

Regards

Nathan
    2 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234