Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganch View Post
    What sort of price will an rns510 cost fitted please? seems a great unit
    Always liked the look of this company, but never used them. Genuine VW RNS-510 Sat Nav/DVD Player Supply & Fit | HappyDayz
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

2. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganch View Post
    What sort of price will an rns510 cost fitted please? seems a great unit
    Depends on the version fitted mate, but we're cheaper than Hazzydayz that's for sure, ping me a PM if interested.

0 0 0

3. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys,
    please can you point me in the correct direction,
    i have a 56 plate gt tdi 170 with the sat nav unit (with buttons at bottom not touch screen) and 6 disc multi changer in arm rest and no aux. I want to be able to use my iPod, I also want it to charge and be able to control it through radio if I can?

what is the best way to do this for me?
    is it buy an original iPod dock and replace the multi changer with that? Is it just plug and play?

all info will be gratefully received
    regards
    michael

0 0 0

4. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I read a lot of forum but I not understaand...

I have this rcd 300 http://puu.sh/nNjHZ/af9c41456f.jpg and I bought this cable: http://puu.sh/nNjKt/158da2fd6a.jpg

Using VAG cable can it work?

0 0 0

5. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mene View Post
    Hi, I read a lot of forum but I not understaand...

I have this rcd 300 http://puu.sh/nNjHZ/af9c41456f.jpg and I bought this cable: http://puu.sh/nNjKt/158da2fd6a.jpg

Using VAG cable can it work?
    Hi. First find out if your radio the RCD300 supports audio in. I beleive it does. Did a search on Google this is the first thing that came up. You can also search within the forum

Retrofitting auxiliary audio input to RCD 300

If so and if you have no cd changer, you may need the option turned on.

0 0 0

6. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi,

I've read all of this and associated threads ( The Radio, Auxiliary, Ipod, and Leads Thread Directory) and still cant seem to make sense of my setup. I've got a 2007 MK5 Golf Match TDi with a RCD300 (Silver buttons, mp3) head unit, an integrated iPod dock in the armrest and a Parrot bluetooth connected. I stopped using the iPod dock a long time ago when all of my devices moved away from the 30pin setup and after exhausting any attempts to get a conversation cable (event the official Apple one) to work. I also dont use the Parrot anymore so happy to ditch these.

I'be purchased a simple Aux socket from eBay (Car AUX USB Cable Switch Button For VW JETTA GOLF MK6 MK5 RCD510 RNS315 Black UK | eBay) and gone through the fitting procedure and it doesn't work in any configuration. On the back of the RDC300 I have two connectors in the bottom section - one blue (which I assume is the iPod dock) and one brown (which I assume is the Parrot) but cant be sure of either of these. The lead from eBay only fits in the right hand side which I believe is correct.

What I can't understand from these threads is if I NEED a CD emulator or can you just connect an Aux socket to the same port??

I dont get the Aux-In option when I disconnect the blue and brown connectors and just have the new cable inserted. is this what the CD emulator is actually doing? Activating the Aux-In on the head unit?

I'm also assuming that as I already have the iPod armrest dock (and its worked in the past) that the HU is already programmed for the external Aux-In - is that right? I get the Ext-CD on the HU display when I press the CD button for the second time so I think thats where it needs to be.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 0 0

7. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajroylance View Post
    Hi,

I've read all of this and associated threads ( The Radio, Auxiliary, Ipod, and Leads Thread Directory) and still cant seem to make sense of my setup. I've got a 2007 MK5 Golf Match TDi with a RCD300 (Silver buttons, mp3) head unit, an integrated iPod dock in the armrest and a Parrot bluetooth connected. I stopped using the iPod dock a long time ago when all of my devices moved away from the 30pin setup and after exhausting any attempts to get a conversation cable (event the official Apple one) to work. I also dont use the Parrot anymore so happy to ditch these.

I'be purchased a simple Aux socket from eBay (Car AUX USB Cable Switch Button For VW JETTA GOLF MK6 MK5 RCD510 RNS315 Black UK | eBay) and gone through the fitting procedure and it doesn't work in any configuration. On the back of the RDC300 I have two connectors in the bottom section - one blue (which I assume is the iPod dock) and one brown (which I assume is the Parrot) but cant be sure of either of these. The lead from eBay only fits in the right hand side which I believe is correct.

What I can't understand from these threads is if I NEED a CD emulator or can you just connect an Aux socket to the same port??

I dont get the Aux-In option when I disconnect the blue and brown connectors and just have the new cable inserted. is this what the CD emulator is actually doing? Activating the Aux-In on the head unit?

I'm also assuming that as I already have the iPod armrest dock (and its worked in the past) that the HU is already programmed for the external Aux-In - is that right? I get the Ext-CD on the HU display when I press the CD button for the second time so I think thats where it needs to be.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi

An Aux-in or Ipod dock effectively is a CD changer emulator as it uses the same plug in the Quadlock block (blue plug)

I assume you read my guide about fitting the VW factory Aux-in lead?

Retrofitting auxiliary audio input to RCD 300

this is all that comes up when I Google the kit part number now...

https://www.oparts.cz/dil/sada-3297

It's been years and I have owned several cars since......On re-reading this post of mine and I the kit instructions as i still have them.... it needed an earth lead connection - but without the harnes/plug in front of me this isn't clear even with the instructions how and why earth was required in this way! I presume to let the radio know to receive/expect the Aux feature when you want to use it. I would also pressume that both the Ipod dock and the Parrot plug had an earth to do this too....

By the look of the Aux-in you have purchased it has only 3 wires for the audio...
    The information on the Ebay listing is inncorrect because it isn't just plug an play unless you have the Aux-in feature turned on, but it has come from China.
    However I do agree that if both the Ipod dock and Parrot worked then the feature should be tunred on in the headunit to use an Aux in, only if it is wired correctly.

Note the plug on my kit also had to be wired with the pins in the correct locations in the plug to suit which model radio, the ebay listing states for RCD510 (newer touch screen model) and RNS315 (another newer touch screen model), no mention of the RCD300/500?

The blue plug in my case was fitted in to the bottom right of the Quadlock connector if you looked at the front (female side of it) or in the bottom left if you looked at the side the cables all enter the back of it. called location B. I belive this si the same for an RCD 300 or RCD 500.

Instructions say for radios without NAV ie the RDC300/500 - the Gray wire goes in chamber 2, for the yellow 8 and Green 9
    then says for radios with Nav or the 12x connector housing is present Gray goes in chamber 3, Yellow 1 and Green 7

this may also help, looking here it lists the pin outs 2, 8 and 9 would fit with plug location B:

Volkswagen (2004-2012) RCD 300, RCD 500 Head Unit pinout diagram @ pinoutguide.com

Although they should be on a sticker on your headunit to confirm

So in summary check the Ebay plug has the pins in the correct chambers to match your headunit with th plug in location B
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345