Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Note to moderators - I recommend this is somehow added to the directory of post #1 of this thread: https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=10505
    Thanks.

I have recently spent a lot of time an effort sourcing a VW retro fit lead for the Aux-in feature on the Delta head units, rather than an after market 'connects2' or similar.

I found the dealer I used quite vague and not very helpful, firstly being told i CANNOT buy the Aux-in lead, kit of any sort to fit - only from new. I was even quoted that VW have said you cannot buy it.

Anyhow after a lot of searching I found a promising part number and bit the bullet and ordered it. I was pleasantly surprised when in fact it turned out to be not only the wire but the whole kit that would be fitted from new;

This is what came in the kit "rep.set" part No: 1K0 998 940 It costs £28.63 plus the VAT

- Instructions

- The radio to socket lead that goes in cd changer port/Aux-in put with plug for RCD300/500 Part No: 1Q0 974 940 A

- Plug for Sat Nav radio Part No: 3D0 035 131

- Female jack moulding socket that replaces the glove box light (mk5 golf) Part No: 1K0 035 724 B

- Male to male 3.5mm Jack lead Part No: 1Q0 971 656

Some piccys:

As far as fitting is concerned it's not too hard.

- Follow the guide on this site to remove the radio.

- You have to wire the plug as per your radio.

- The instructions state to fit the earth remove the existing earth pin from the Falka block and join in the earth for the lead. I did not have a pin remover tool, nor could I get it out any other way. I however was fitting a bluetooth phone kit so I cut in to the harness adaptor and crimped in the earth joint but I didn't cut in to any factory fitted wire!

- The blue or black plug fits in to the radio harness in the cd changer/ipod port or radio directly as applicable.

- The only last thing is to 'activate' the radio, if you have previously had an Ipod input or CD changer input I believe it will work. Just press CD mode button twice.
    If you have not had these inputs you have to pay a little visit to VW to activate it with VAS computer, I have been quoted half hours labour it get it working. I will be going in the next few weeks and will watch with an eagle eye!

In relation to my bluetooth kit I fitted at the same time (a Bury CC9060) I can use my phone as A2DP advice and from the kits out put plug in the Aux-in lead and listern to my phone music on the car radio.

Hope this has helped anyone looking ot fit Aux-in, any questions please ask!
    Kev.
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

1 0 0

2. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    you should have asked,done this ages ago for vw and Audi gen 2 +radio and rnse units
    code changes enable AUX that's it doddle
    Better fitting ipod 6 disc simulator so you can control the ipod (dension 100/300 shows id tags)and it charges as aux in will not charge your media player and you have no control over the player with mfsw or the radio
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

3. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a8 tech View Post
    you should have asked,done this ages ago for vw and Audi gen 2 +radio and rnse units
    code changes enable AUX that's it doddle
    Better fitting ipod 6 disc simulator so you can control the ipod (dension 100/300 shows id tags)and it charges as aux in will not charge your media player and you have no control over the player with mfsw or the radio
    I did try and search best I could. So nice when a dealer says NO.
    I've never heard of a ipod simulator, but no use to me as i dont have an ipod. I'm quite happy with 6disc mp3 and SD card on my mobile. I wanted the Aux in mainly so I can hear my phone music, oddly the Bury unit outputs it to a jack socket rather than through the radio like a phone call.

It's a shame the headunit has to be 'talked to' to turn the AUX mode on!
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

4. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    To be honest Kev i take more aux connections out and replace them with ipod,i have a few aux sockets in my tool box.The problem with AUX is no charging and no control

0 1 0

5. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest Kev i take more aux connections out and replace them with ipod,i have a few aux sockets in my tool box.The problem with AUX is no charging and no control
    That's a shame I didn't know that before as I could of made use of one of them lol!

What I have now is perfect for what I want, the bluetooth kit was the important thing and the aux-in was a while I was at it job so the music works on it.
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

6. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    good stuff Kev and well done

0 0 0

7. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good stuff Kev and well done
    Thanks.

I took the bury kit out of my dads golf, he has the VW ipod input (not great I gather?) but then I haven't used it.

I did look at the Conncet2 usb input but It seemed (IMO) a little flaky, with the way it says you have to save files on usb - no offence to anyone who may correct me...

Just looking at the dension stuff, it does look like a nice bit of kit, the 300 is quite expensive thou. I nearly went down the ipod and dension route many years ago when they first came up with the ipod kit.
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

8. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Kev,
    Where did you purchase the kit (1K0 998 940)? It looks like it's exactly what I need...
    Thank you

0 0 0

9. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by softpruebas View Post
    Hello Kev,
    Where did you purchase the kit (1K0 998 940)? It looks like it's exactly what I need...
    Thank you
    Hi,
    It was from the main dealer here in the UK, although i had to find it for them as they couldn't on their own system, but it is quite hidden.
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

10. Re: Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevster140 View Post
    Hi,

Note to moderators - I recommend this is somehow added to the directory of post #1 of this thread: https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=10505
    Thanks.
    Just seen this thread. Added to the directory as requested.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast