1. Vw Golf 1.4 or 1.6 Mods.??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey guys, soon to being buying a golf 1.4 or 1.6 not to sure which yet, any bits you can recommend to improve performance atall? ino its only small engine but my gti was killing the pocket and the credit crunch has hit me hard! ... looking to spend 2-300 max per item
    regards
    coco

0 0 0

2. Re: Vw Golf 1.4 or 1.6 Mods.??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I Would consider that a 1.4 Golf, is not the fastest Golf in the range, i have a 3DR 1.4 MK4 (yes, im 17) and i can say that the performance out of them isn't the greatest, but they sure are nice cars to drive. I dont know how much extra performance you could get out of these cars, since the main issue is that Golf's are heavy cars in comparison to other 1.4's on the market.

Stats on a 1.4 Golf

0-62mph 14 seconds
    Top Speed 106 mph
    Cylinders 4
    Number of Valves 16 V
    Engine Power 75 bhp
    Engine Torque 93 lbs/ft
    Stats from a 1.6 SE Golf

0-62mph 12.7 seconds
    Top Speed 115 mph
    Cylinders 4
    Number of Valves 8 V (dunno if the 1.6 came in a 16V)
    Engine Power 102 bhp
    Engine Torque 107 lbs/ft
    Depending on what you plan to use, for that kinda money you might be able to get a Golf 1.4 Match, which was the one with all the extra's.

Another thing to consider when buying a 1.4 Golf, make sure its the Golf 1.4 S, as this was the one with the electric windows. Nothing worse then having to undo the windows manually on a hot day :P

0 0 0

3. Re: Vw Golf 1.4 or 1.6 Mods.??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how about a TDi. You get more power better mpg and i should think to insure them is about the same.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you sure, they do a 1.9tdi dont they? .... hmm im soon to turn 18 soon to be 19 so 2years no claims might help from being insured on other cars, i need somthing thats not juicy that isnt slow, i was looking at the 1.6 but i doubt it will be nippy. Im looking to get my hands on a r32 rep a nice one, just need to get cheap enough insurance. So you say a tdi would be ruffly the same as the 1.4 or 1.6?

0 0 0

5. Re: Vw Golf 1.4 or 1.6 Mods.??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well?

1.4 (75 BHP)
    1.6 (102 BHP)

1.9TDI (90,100,115,130,150 BHP) depending on the model

Alot of R32 Replica's ive seen are based on GTI's, but i have seen them on the occasional 1.4

0 0 0

6. Re: Vw Golf 1.4 or 1.6 Mods.??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i see, so is the insurance done on the bhp of the 1.9tdi then, as its a turbo i thought it would be much more expensive, ive seen a range of r32 reps although most are as u say 1.8gti's

0 0 0

7. Re: Vw Golf 1.4 or 1.6 Mods.??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    You can check the insurance groups on websites like www.parkers.co.uk
    2003 VW Golf Est 1.9 TDI 130
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sport 140

0 0 0

8. Re: Vw Golf 1.4 or 1.6 Mods.??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cocobench View Post
    i see, so is the insurance done on the bhp of the 1.9tdi then, as its a turbo i thought it would be much more expensive, ive seen a range of r32 reps although most are as u say 1.8gti's
    If your gonna have a car which

Looks Like An R32?
    Sounds Like An R32?

You want it to go some what like an R32, and out of a 1.4? Your gonna struggle

I dont quite know, how insurance groups are calculated im presuming its worked out on a number of things.

Safety Features?
    Engine Torque?
    BHP?
    Turbo?

0 0 0

9. Re: Vw Golf 1.4 or 1.6 Mods.??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No im not after the r32 performance, i like the styling of the r32 thats why i want a rep. I had a gti, well my mum does and i was insured on that, way too juicy for me... i was thinking along the lines of remap or ecu but i doubt it would make any difference to an engine that size.

0 0 0

10. Re: Vw Golf 1.4 or 1.6 Mods.??? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cocobench View Post
    No im not after the r32 performance, i like the styling of the r32 thats why i want a rep. I had a gti, well my mum does and i was insured on that, way too juicy for me... i was thinking along the lines of remap or ecu but i doubt it would make any difference to an engine that size.
    You could do it yourself though, the car would look pretty good even if it was a 1.4. But i think it would cost you more to do yourself then buy one with it.

Theres alot which will need to be done to a 1.4/1.6 model as i dont know if the option was there to have coloured bumpers? GTI's did as far as i remember.

Depends on how much you really wanna spend. I can imagine it cost building up pretty quickly. And i dont know how often 1.4 R32 replica's come up. But another bit of advice is looking for a TDI R32 Replica, i have seen a couple of these too.

Doing it yourself? (Problems?)

The 1.4 has black bumper type things? (cant think what there called)
    And the Locks would need to be painted to match the car? since i dont recall you being able to buy and sort of 'facia' to go over them.

http://www.matchvehiclesolutions.com...0MK4%20006.jpg

-Nor do i know how much a R32 Front/Side Skirts/Rear Bumers would be.
    -The 18" R32 Alloys are exspensive, around £500 and there for replica's with tyres and so on.
    -R32 Badges, aint much if your interested in getting the detail
    -Rear Bumper depending on what you plan to do with the Exhaust, as you may be aware they were different.
    -GTI Rear Smoked Lights?

-How do these things effect your insurance? because your obviously going to need to declare them, since they are Obviously noticeable.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast