Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by first_timer View Post
    What does the Factory Settings menu do? I'm assuming it would not help to reset the radio/nav to factory settings? The handbook doesn't say much about it, except that restoring the jukebox to factory settings will delete all of your stored music files!
    I used the Factory Settings option to reset the radio settings in the MMI screen to all their default options when my car was first delivered and I noticed the problem (this was the very first thing I tried.) If memory serves, there are options below Factory Settings to reset the nav, radio, jukebox etc, and you simply pick which parts to reset.

Since then, of course, my car has had the 5f multimedia unit changed twice - once for a new unit, and last time it was swapped from another vehicle, but each time all my original settings/tracks/destinations etc went away with the old 5f unit...

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    switch scrolling off and regional off as well as alt frequency so there is less chance of switching stations.

You mention the tech found comms issue's with the radio, this is caused by the sw update not fully updating the radio version so the server records a software conflict until the correct versions are updated so if the 5F sw revision is newer than the radio it will causes a problem and this will indeed contribute to system errors.

The 3g system auto scanning is where the fault lies as the system constantly seeks to find the best signal which the tuner transmits and then the data is forwarded to 5f to display the info.

A comparison between rolling scroll and fixed station may highlight this but then again I may be talking twoddle.

So if the this constant scanning is the problem then for sure the sw needs tweaking for the 5f or the tuner
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

1 0 0

3. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Thanks A8.

I will switch off scrolling of station names, disable the "Switch Regional Stations" option and switch off Alternative Frequency before I head off on the long journey to the South tomorrow. I should hopefully be able to report back fairly soon on whether this has had any effect as the journey normally takes around three hours, which should be ample time for the problem to manifest itself.

Failing that, I guess it's just a case of waiting for the next software update to see if it fixes the issue.

As always, thanks for your help and support!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Yes agree with the sw revision but the information as to what is updated is none exsistant but if you sit in the vehicle and watch the update it can be seen and revision J now part of a RECALL seems to focus on the nav and also dab but my recent dab issues which are very similar to your tmc complaint are resolved by replacing the control unit for radio and dab as well as re running index J.Clever me lol
    Must dash there's money to be earned as its Saturday ye ha

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    "Weekend Workshop" time eh? I've had enough of my day job by the time I reach Friday night - you must be really dedicated!

News about the settings is that they didn't make a difference. My radio/TMC/TP worked Ok for the first 30 minutes, then the radio stopped detecting stations and TMC messages disappeared. I arrived in Berkshire with BBC Stoke and BBC WM still listed. I can also report that the station being listened to still doesn't retune either - previously I had thought the update fixed this bit, but it doesn't.

Cheers!

MF.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Another new car to add to the list of affected vehicles:

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=84992

That brings our number on here to four.

MF.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    bummer, well it has to be the 5f interpretation of the encoded signal from the radio and this will only be resolved by either modifying the sw versions for Radio tuner or 5F.
    Pre pair for a long wait

1 0 0

8. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Thanks A8. Good to know I'm not missing anything with the settings. The key now would seem to be getting the exact nature of the problem communicated to the software development team so they can isolate and fix the specific issue. I realised a while ago that the fix could be a long time in the making, but let's keep upbeat and recognise the progress made so far in ruling out non-software causes.

Cheers!

MF.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK, now we have another report (Woody). I wouldn't mind betting that all cars with 3G MMI and the current software have the same problem. I also recognise Woody's description of the Nav voice prompt problem, too.

My dealer (Nottingham) has not yet come back with any suggestions at all, but I would still like to try rolling back to my car's factory software version. My A6 was delivered Jan 09 (built Oct 08, I think) and I'm 95% sure both nav and FM problems did not exist until a "routine" software update was done during the first service in July. I know, I've said this before.....yawn.

Steve

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Drove from Lincolnshire to the Cotswolds this weekend. On the way down, the radio/TMC showed the usual problem. On the way back, it didn't. So what was different? On the way down, I had my phone connected to the car via Bluetooth, on the way back, I didn't. Coincidence?

Steve

0 0 0

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast