1. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I couldn't comment on the safety side as if the networks crashed your dash would be lit up like a Christmas tree,only gateway controls diagnostic comms over can bus and k wire on this model if 5f music interface crashes this may have a similar effect but i would still expect drive train to be accessible for engine ecu and abs and airbag.I think some info has been lost in translation from the tech to the deceptionist
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Well, I did my first long journey today since getting my car back last week after the software update. Not only is the fault still present, but it's now worse! Previously I was able to reset the radio stations by switching waveband to MW then back to FM again, but now this no longer works. The only way to find radio stations now when on the move is to go to the Tuning utility and manually seek stations. This does not re-enable TMC though, so once this disables, I lose it for the duration of the journey.

My car is booked back in on Wednesday, and the dealer may keep it for three or four days.

MF

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi,
    you have now exactly the same problem as me, i guess when they updated your software they have updated it to the same version as mine. this deffintly points to a software issue which Audi need to sort out.

I would guess a lot more people have the same problem but just not aware of it, you wouldn't until you travel some distance.

My car is currently at the dealers because there is a problem with the gateway controller ( it does not talk to the diagnostic module) and it will be a few weeks before they get one in as they are on back order but they donont think this is a cause of the problem.

Has your dealer raised a fault with audi and if they have it might be worth informing them that there is another vehicle with exactly the same problem and teesside audi are looking at it.
    Can you let me know if they manage to resolve this issue...

mark

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mark and MF, I'm sorry to hear of your problem. I have a 2009 A6 with MMI 3G/HDD and it does not have the problem you describe. My car was in the workshop for a first oil change last Thursday and, on collection, they advised that they had also carried out a workshop instruction required by Audi - MMI software version update! I had a sinking feeling about this - it wasn't broke so why fix it? Too soon to tell if everything is still OK.

To change topic for a moment, the only difficulty I have had was to figure out how to rip CDs to the HDD with the meta-data needed for the jukebox to properly recognise the album and artist. My first attempts produced a jumble of tracks which played OK, but could not be sorted by artist/album.

Maybe I've been fortunate that radio/media/nav/TMC have all worked fine so far.

Steve

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Well now I'm really stumped! I did the return journey from London yesterday, and the radio, TMC and TP bulletins worked flawlessly all the way home (for the first time since I had the car in April). I'm now racking my brains trying to figure out what was different from the journey the day before. The only difference I can think of is that my phone was being charged on the trip to London, but not on the trip home (I have a Blackberry Curve with a USB charger that plugs into the cigar lighter). Could my charger have interfered with the radio somehow, or am I barking up the wrong tree? I know this wasn't the cause of the problem before the software update, because I hardly ever charge my phone in the car, so I'm wondering now if the software update fixed the original problem, or is it now intermittent? I think I need to experiment more with the charger to see if it is connected to the problem or not...

Quote Originally Posted by markchesworth View Post
    Has your dealer raised a fault with audi and if they have it might be worth informing them that there is another vehicle with exactly the same problem and teesside audi are looking at it.
    Can you let me know if they manage to resolve this issue...
    Yes my dealer has a fault logged with Audi. I'm not sure what they will make of the fact that my car had the problem one day and not the next, though! I will pass along the details of your car too, and I will PM you with my details if you want them for your dealer.

MF.

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by first_timer View Post
    To change topic for a moment, the only difficulty I have had was to figure out how to rip CDs to the HDD with the meta-data needed for the jukebox to properly recognise the album and artist. My first attempts produced a jumble of tracks which played OK, but could not be sorted by artist/album.
    Hi Steve,

You need the tracks to have MP3 ID tags (or the AAC equivalent) for correct identification by the jukebox. Rip the tracks from your CDs into iTunes (or MusicMatch Jukebox or similar) on your PC, then copy the ripped tracks to a USB stick, SD card or blank DVD and import from there into your car's jukebox. This works fine for me.

Regards,

MF.

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    MF,
    i am wondering if it is a problem with the bluetooth side of things. it might be worth doing a journey with it turned off and seeing if this makes any difference. i know from other people that the new 3G system is intergrated so one fault could easly cause a problem on another system.

Just a thought!!

i will try this WHEN i get my car back....
    Mark

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markchesworth View Post
    MF,
    i am wondering if it is a problem with the bluetooth side of things. it might be worth doing a journey with it turned off and seeing if this makes any difference. i know from other people that the new 3G system is intergrated so one fault could easly cause a problem on another system.

Just a thought!!

i will try this WHEN i get my car back....
    Mark
    This is something else I can try, although not until I do my next long journey. Having said that, my Blackberry was connected via bluetooth throughout the entire journey home yesterday, and there was no sign of the problem...

MF.

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    MF,
    did you make or recieve any calls yesterday when you travel up also try tuning your phone off and try this.

mark

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Nope - no calls either going to or returning from London (Billy No Mates - that's me!).

0 0 0

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast