Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Hi,

I got my car back from the dealers last night. They told me Audi asked to them to install a software update while it was in.

My current versions are as follows:

From Setup -> Version Information:

Software version:
    HNav_EU_K0022_1_D1

Nav. database version:
    8R0060884C_ECE 5.6.8

I then went to Radio and pressed and held Setup and Return for 5 secs to get into Engineering mode. The following was displayed:

Train Version: K0022
    MU Software: 0047

I haven't been able to test if the fault is fixed - that will need to wait until my next long journey in a few days. I will report back either way.

You're right about my dealer doing their utmost to resolve the issue - I certainly can't fault them for the efforts they are making to understand and fix a very tricky problem.

Regards,

MF.

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Which audi dealer did you take you A6 into.?

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Hi,

I took my car to Stoke Audi (01782 590400). It might be an idea to get your dealer to talk to my dealer to compare notes?

Regards,

MF.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    MF,
    That is what i was thinking.

I tried the FM-MW-FM trick but i could not get my stations to update.
    i had to reset the unit a few times and it then found the stations, my car is currently at a London airport and i will see what happens when i drive back up north.

My dealer is the TEESSIDE AUDI dealer in Stockton on tees if you need to reference your dealer back to mine in the unlikely event they sort it out.

i have my car booked in next week, so i will update you with any new information.

Mark

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Hi Mark,

Does your A4 have a method of resetting the radio stations (other than taking out the ignition key?) My A6 doesn't seem to have an option in the MMI to do this, but from the assorted A4s, A5s and Q5s I've driven while my A6 has been in at the dealers, I seem to recall there's an option to update the channel list on these - is this what you mean by a reset?

In my A6, I only need to switch wavebands to MW and back to FM once, but having done this the car can take up to two minutes to complete the process of finding all the radio stations and re-enabling TMC. My guess is if we have the same problem, a single reset in your A4 may do the same?

Again, I'm not sure yet whether my car is fixed after the software update. I will need to wait until I do my next long journey to find out.

Regards,

MF.

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just taken the car to the audi garage and they have rang to say that their diagnostic system can not communicate with the car so they want to keep it over night.
    On my drive back from london it did exactly the same thing until i went to manual seek for channels this seemed to sort it out for a short while but again i lost the tmc after about an hour.

will keep you updated with the outcome

mark

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Hi Mark,

Sounds exactly the same as my problem - about 40 minutes to an hour between each reset. I will be driving my car to London at the weekend, so that will be a good opportunity to see if the last software update has fixed the problem.

MF.

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi,
    got a call from the dealer and they have said ther is a problem with my car as they cannot connect to it, apparently there is a fault with the multiplexer ( i think that what they said) and the diagnostic system cannot connect to the car and it is unsafe to drive. the new part is on back order and will take 14days to get and they have not offered me a courtsey car until friday or saturday. they seem to think this is the problem with the TMC but i am not convinced.

mark

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    This does look like the 5f music interface unit which in the 3g system incorporates your phone prep ami nav amongst other which 2g system has separate control units.So if they cant connect to DIAGNOSTIC ADDRESS 5F and the supply voltage is ok then this unit will require replacement but also you will receive the latest sw version but any music saved on your juke box or phone book will be lost.I am still waiting for a 3g nav plus to come in to check the sw versions for the rest of you
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

1 0 0

10. Re: A6 MMI 3G radio/TP/TMC problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they have said they cannot connect to any system on the car and the car is unsafe to drive????

0 0 0

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast