Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Allroad suspension problem.
    Car sometimes sinks past lowest level when left overnight, not just one end or side but the whole car, any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
    0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad sinking suspension. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Take a look in the A6 section, there are LOADS of threads about this.

It seems like the way to go is with an Arnott bag, as it seems likely one of the air suspension bags is leaking. PM bagpipingandy, he's got first hand knowledge of this problem.

But normally its just one side or corner for the above.

You need to get the car read for fault codes, I'm guessing something to do with the levelling control system could be up the wall, you'd be desperately unlucky to have 4 leaking air bags!
    2016 VW Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Highline SWB
    2011 Jaguar XFR 100 5.0 V8 Supercharged
    2 0 0

3. Re: Allroad sinking suspension. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mplews67 View Post
    Allroad suspension problem.
    Car sometimes sinks past lowest level when left overnight, not just one end or side but the whole car, any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
    bad airbag, got mine from arnott, but found these on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/air-spring-Aud...3A2%7C294%3A50

should be cheaper than audi and arnott(after postage and import duties)
    0 0 0

4. Re: Allroad sinking suspension. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    bad airbag, got mine from arnott, but found these on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/air-spring-Aud...3A2%7C294%3A50

should be cheaper than audi and arnott(after postage and import duties)
    Hi All

The picture of the Air Bag on EBay is an arnott one despite what it says about continental. I paid £303 all in from arnott including top mount, shipping and import duty so dont jump at the Ebay one as it will be more expensive for what looks like the same part without the top mount!!

On to the sinking car have a read at previous links here:
    https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=60746

as Paul B suggests if the whole car is sinking below level 1 this sounds strange cannot all be leaking!! and would suggest perhaps not an Airbag,
    if the whole car sinks but only 1 goes lower then it is likely to be that airbag which is leaking. so 1st clarify
    1: does the whole car sink extremely low? (all wheels up in to the wheel arches)
    or
    2nd: is it sinking to level 1 apart from 1 wheel which sinks lower?

if it is the 1st then you need fault codes as it could be many things but likely the valves leaking at the compressor if it is the 2nd try soapy water on the air bag to see if it has a leak.

let us know what you find

Andy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com
    0 0 0

5. Cool Re: Allroad sinking suspension. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Just had this problem with my car. Had it shipped 45 miles to my nearest dealer and despite my having read these forum threads and informed them that i believed it to be a leaking airbag their philosophy was to ignore my advice and start recommending replacing parts, starting with the most expensive i.e. the compressor and self levelling computer. I resisted this so they agreed to do a little more diagnostic testing. 4 weeks later they confirmed that n/s front air pipe was leaking and repaired this for £577 (the pipe cost £10!!). When i then called to say I was going to pick it up they informed me that when they had taken it off the lift it again dropped overnight. I was amazed that they had carried out their entire testing process with the car elevated off the ground with no load applied to the suspension system. A week later they confirmed that the fault was indeed a leaking o/s air bag and after a total of 5 1/2 weeks i had the car back along with a bill for £1238.

Unfortunately this is not the end of my problems. I now have issues with the system consistently failing to reach normal ride height and going into fault. I believe this to be the compressor being worn out from all the work trying to keep up with the leak. I have got my hands on a replacement genuine part from germany via ebay but am now struggling to find an alternative installer to the dealer to fit it. They were talking £1200 plus fitting when we last spoke (and that will be the last time we speak!)

Any suggestions???
    0 0 0

6. Re: Allroad sinking suspension. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho View Post
    Hi,

Just had this problem with my car. Had it shipped 45 miles to my nearest dealer and despite my having read these forum threads and informed them that i believed it to be a leaking airbag their philosophy was to ignore my advice and start recommending replacing parts, starting with the most expensive i.e. the compressor and self levelling computer. I resisted this so they agreed to do a little more diagnostic testing. 4 weeks later they confirmed that n/s front air pipe was leaking and repaired this for £577 (the pipe cost £10!!). When i then called to say I was going to pick it up they informed me that when they had taken it off the lift it again dropped overnight. I was amazed that they had carried out their entire testing process with the car elevated off the ground with no load applied to the suspension system. A week later they confirmed that the fault was indeed a leaking o/s air bag and after a total of 5 1/2 weeks i had the car back along with a bill for £1238.

Unfortunately this is not the end of my problems. I now have issues with the system consistently failing to reach normal ride height and going into fault. I believe this to be the compressor being worn out from all the work trying to keep up with the leak. I have got my hands on a replacement genuine part from germany via ebay but am now struggling to find an alternative installer to the dealer to fit it. They were talking £1200 plus fitting when we last spoke (and that will be the last time we speak!)

Any suggestions???

Hi,

see my other reply and if not for you seek other garage assistance, sounds like the other lot were a bunch of muppets!!

regards

Andy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com
    0 0 0