Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Have I Toasted clutch after remap?

1. Have I Toasted clutch after remap? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everybody

I have 04 1.9tdi A4 which has been remapped to 180bhp, I knew this day would come but didnt realise how quick i would toast the standard clutch, saying that i did have some fun!

Well i may be wrong about my toasted clutch but would like your opinions to narrow down the possibilities.

Here are a few symptons:
    1) Selecting gears has become very difficult especially 1st and 2nd
    2) Gear stick crunches as it goes in 3rd
    3) Sometimes when selecting gears there is no resistence, gear stick moves freely and then sometimes gets stuck in and wont come out (reverse)
    4) Under normal driving conditions, car goes into limp mode.

Im hoping it not the gearbox, ive taken the car to my mech (ex vw mech) but as always when you want to show the fault it never happens. He seems to think it may be the cluth and dmf as apparently the gearboxes are built solid and dont really go.

Does anyone or has anyone fitted an upgraded/performance clutch and dmf? any links or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Dani

0 0 0

2. Re: Have I Toasted clutch after remap? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very odd..

Limp mode is not right too !!
    info@ motechperformance.co.uk

0 0 0

3. Re: Have I Toasted clutch after remap? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fasttdi View Post
    Hello everybody

I have 04 1.9tdi A4 which has been remapped to 180bhp, I knew this day would come but didnt realise how quick i would toast the standard clutch, saying that i did have some fun!

Well i may be wrong about my toasted clutch but would like your opinions to narrow down the possibilities.

Here are a few symptons:
    1) Selecting gears has become very difficult especially 1st and 2nd
    2) Gear stick crunches as it goes in 3rd
    3) Sometimes when selecting gears there is no resistence, gear stick moves freely and then sometimes gets stuck in and wont come out (reverse)
    4) Under normal driving conditions, car goes into limp mode.

Im hoping it not the gearbox, ive taken the car to my mech (ex vw mech) but as always when you want to show the fault it never happens. He seems to think it may be the cluth and dmf as apparently the gearboxes are built solid and dont really go.

Does anyone or has anyone fitted an upgraded/performance clutch and dmf? any links or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Dani
    iv had loads mapped only 2 clutch changes tho and i stick with oem they take the extra power very well

0 0 0

4. Re: Have I Toasted clutch after remap? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How many miles did it take before the clutch started going after the remap? I dont think its the flywheel or you would have vibrations going through your car at certain revs.

If you're looking for a performance clutch and DMF just type in "cheapest sachs clutch kit" on google and scroll through the threads until you find the best deal. The best one I could find the otherday was for a performance sachs clutch for £460 and flywheel for around 300ish plus the fitting at about 250, eitherway it works out a £1000 job.
    Audi A4 TDI Sport (with rs4 kit)

0 0 0

5. Re: Have I Toasted clutch after remap? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay4 View Post
    How many miles did it take before the clutch started going after the remap? I dont think its the flywheel or you would have vibrations going through your car at certain revs.

If you're looking for a performance clutch and DMF just type in "cheapest sachs clutch kit" on google and scroll through the threads until you find the best deal. The best one I could find the otherday was for a performance sachs clutch for £460 and flywheel for around 300ish plus the fitting at about 250, eitherway it works out a £1000 job.

ive done about 8000miles since remap and have had the car serviced twice (approx every 4k). I do tend to look after my cars very well but i think i may have given it a little too much stick!

Ive been quoted for a standard clutch and dmf (oem) for £435 all in plus £130 labour, which dont seem too bad.

I have also been told to check the clutch fluid as some may have leaked causing an air bubble which in return is not allowing the clutch to fully engage. The only thing is I dont know where the clutch fluid resovoir is! any ideas????

Also limp mode is a little weird I agree, ive had the egr minimised to minimum use and used a product called innotec to clean the turbo before remap. Hmmmmmm!

0 0 0

6. Re: Have I Toasted clutch after remap? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a GT TDI 130 remapped to 170 and the 150 turbo fitted. the clutch started to slip after about 4000miles. What i noticed was that if you tried to accelerate pass 3000rpm in 4th 5th or 6th then the revs would rocket without a change in speed. Basically the clutch was slipping.

I bought a uprated clutch off ebay for £149 and then asked around and a mechanic fitted the clutch for £200.

The car has been very sound since, and that was 25000miles ago.

0 0 0