Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Looking for a wee bit of help.

I'm relatively new to messing around with MMI and recently bought a carista plug in OBD2 adapter. I used it to customise some of my features, like adding the sound when opening and locking the car and the needle sweep on start up. I was also able to activate the hidden MMI menu and the ADS option.

ADS now appears in the car menu option and I can choose between the standard options or select them individually. I notice a difference in throttle response when selecting dynamic mode but don't really notice a difference in steering response.

Should activating this work automatically? Are all require components factory fitted and just not activated?

I have an A4 2.0 tdi 2015

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A4 B8 - VAG.com Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi,apologies if this has been asked but can the 12v accessory plug be adjusted tostay on after the ignition has been turned off, read somewhere that it can beadjusted to stay on for 99 minutes or is that a myth.
    I have an A4 AvantB8.5 2013

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A4 B8 - VAG.com Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Or is this not a VAG.com adjustment and I have to set to a different fues block where there is permanent power

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A4 B8 - VAG.com Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glen40 View Post
    read somewhere that it can beadjusted to stay on for 99 minutes or is that a myth.
    myth
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

5. Re: VAG.com Tricks... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyUK View Post
    Most people don't buy it for just that.

Both my TT and my S4 were modified so it's nice to be able to keep a look out for any problems before you have to go to the dealer.

As an example, on my S4 the car showed no problems. I plugged in my Vag-com and it showed an intermittent loss of signal from a knock sensor. Now since the car was tuned up to nearly 400bhp, knock sensors are quite important! If I hadn't had my vag-com, I'd have run it until the next variable service e.g. 17k miles without knowing. As it was I took it to the dealer and they resolved it under warranty
    Audi Hatchback Details
    Used Audi A4 for Sale
    Audi Q5 For Sale
    Audi S4 For Sale

Most Vag-com owners will help other people out. This is where car meets are useful. I've done many peoples cars ...although I'm stupid as the most I've ever taken off anyone in payment is a BigMac meal

A token gesture is normally all that is required as people are not just provinding the tool but f course they're giving up their time as well.

Many forums have Vag-com sections where owners will post their locations and offer their services. The only this is....just because someone (i.e. me!!) has the tool and can see the disagnostic messages, it doesn't mean they're an engineer and hence they may not know how to solve any issues found but at least you know about them.
    Hi...

That's great...

I've a local VW / Audi Independent service garage that I can go to for VAG.com stuff
    Last time I was there for a VAG.com session he charged me £20 + VAT.
    I just need a list of what I need doing for when my car arrives.

Martin

0 0 0

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344