1. What bugs you about the Golf Mk VI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Following on from my review of the Golf, my opinion is still building of it, but with the obvious positive, there is the obvious negative. (Newtonian if you will.)

So - what bugs you about the Golf?

Me, so far I have these:

A completely useless centre console - That slot where the iPod goes and the subsequent coin holder. I no longer need the iPod slot as I've changed the stereo, but it is, officially, useless for keeping anything in. The coin holder isn't much better.

The cupholder - The most frikkin' useless things I've ever had the misfortune to use - it's even worse than the Passat's which was pretty useless. As for the "bottle opener" - Why???

Not enough storage bins/not big enough - That sums it up really. The storage pockets are insufficient - I've come from a Passat which may influence this, but perhaps I should have specd the "storage pack" - although why the flippin' 'eck I woul dneed to "ask" VW for storage draws is beyond me.

Glovebox - I'm not that keen on the glovebox size either - same reasons - it's not big enough as I now have to stash a lot more in it - It's an odd size too as the vehicle manual sits in the way - on the Passat, it was cleverly stowed in a pull down slot above the glovebox which gave you a definite square glovebox. At the moment, if I put too much in it, it looks like it should close, but the manual is in the way.

Illumination indicator - On a serious note - Unless I'm missing something obvious, there's no indicator that I've got the headlights on. I've got auto lights which is all well and good, but I might want to put the lights on if I'm driving at dusk or fog or rain which doesn't come on automatically. So I might forget to turn them on - or off when I'm done with them - but there's nothing in the dash to tell me the lights are on.

Trip computer - It's inaccurate - Something I'll watch and go back to the dealer about at some point. I always do brim to brim fillups and write down cost, MPG, amount, etc (I've got a spreadsheet that'll calculate it all for me) and the 2 fillups I've done are:

Litres | Gallons | PPL | Cost | Miles | MFD MPG | Actual | Difference
    45.44 | 9.99 | £0.999 | £45.39 | 472.5 | 52.5 | 47.27 | 11.08%
    48.49 | 10.66 | £0.999 | £48.44 | 506 | 52 | 47.43 | 9.63%

Visilibity - It could be better if I'm honest - I find the pillars pretty thick, but maybe I'm being pedantic here....

Verdict - I still love the car - These are niggly things that I've yet to adjust to and I will - but if I don't identify them, I can't work out how to overcome and live with them.

Storage (Bins, Glovebox, etc) - I can just take some of the crap out of my car.

Cupholder - I don't use it that much anyway

Trip Computer - It's a useful indicator more than anything - the most important thing is the miles left before I need to fill up.

The illumination indicator - Not sure how to adjust to that one though....

Another long post - sorry
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi SE: Misano red, Kinetic 17s, Comfort package, Storage package, non smoking package, Nav, Upgrade to Audi sound system, Debadged
    Previous: VW Golf Mk6, 2009, 2.0 TDi GT, Candy White, Luxury pack, 18" Bilbaos, Tyre Pressure Monitor - VW Passat B6, 2005, 2.0 TDi SE, Metallic Navy Blue, Front/rear sensors, chrome grille, black leather

1 1 0

2. Re: What bugs you about the Golf Mk VI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm really happy with my golf apart from mpg - I've got the 160 tsi dsg, even though manufacturer figures state i should be averaging around 47 mpg i'm struggling to average 36! 95% of my mileage is done on a daily 90 mile round trip on the motorway so I would expect to be averaging in the 50's. Has any one else found this problem?

0 0 0

3. Re: What bugs you about the Golf Mk VI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay89 View Post
    I'm really happy with my golf apart from mpg - I've got the 160 tsi dsg, even though manufacturer figures state i should be averaging around 47 mpg i'm struggling to average 36! 95% of my mileage is done on a daily 90 mile round trip on the motorway so I would expect to be averaging in the 50's. Has any one else found this problem?
    Is that an indicated average or actual? If indicated - have you tried a brim to brim run?
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi SE: Misano red, Kinetic 17s, Comfort package, Storage package, non smoking package, Nav, Upgrade to Audi sound system, Debadged
    Previous: VW Golf Mk6, 2009, 2.0 TDi GT, Candy White, Luxury pack, 18" Bilbaos, Tyre Pressure Monitor - VW Passat B6, 2005, 2.0 TDi SE, Metallic Navy Blue, Front/rear sensors, chrome grille, black leather

0 0 0

4. Re: What bugs you about the Golf Mk VI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It is an indicated average, i'll try a brim to brim run next time i fill up

0 0 0

5. Re: What bugs you about the Golf Mk VI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    It is an indicated average, i'll try a brim to brim run next time i fill up
    Do, I find it's more accurate - hence my discrepancy above.

0 0 0

6. Re: What bugs you about the Golf Mk VI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Of course I haven't got mine yet - will I ever? But just by sitting it this car I don't think that I'll ever come to terms with those tacky rotary heater controls that don't give any tactile evidence as to their positions.

0 0 0

7. Re: What bugs you about the Golf Mk VI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHGTTG View Post
    Of course I haven't got mine yet - will I ever? But just by sitting it this car I don't think that I'll ever come to terms with those tacky rotary heater controls that don't give any tactile evidence as to their positions.
    Guess thats a good reason for spec'ing the Dual Zone Climate

0 0 0

8. Re: What bugs you about the Golf Mk VI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You'll be lucky to get those quoted figures, low 40s is possible when driving slowly ie 60/70 mph on motorways and 30/40 mph local roads, might also help if you don't revs too much before changing gear.

0 1 0

9. Re: What bugs you about the Golf Mk VI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont like the reflection you get on the side windows from the wing mirrors, the tail spoiler is akward to clean cant seem to get really low on it, i pull the draw on the cup holders on the rear of the centre console but cant get them out, is there a lever or switch, dont like space saver, dont like that total miles keeps switching to kph, is this just mine, i would rather have a handle for boot, instead of keep putting weight on the badge.

0 0 0

10. Re: What bugs you about the Golf Mk VI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are you using crusie control?

I find it far more economical not using it.

as for the manual taking up room in the glove box, I took mine out and it lives at home. Can't imagine why I'd need it out and about anyway.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast